Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 10 - August 9th through the 14th, 2016 - Sign up now!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    I mean... it's the south-east in August. We accept and thrive on 90% humidity and afternoon thunderstorms - oh and hurricanes - at least there are no hurricanes... (there are no hurricanes scheduled, right?)

Remember last year when lightning decided to shut everything down? Yeah, that is our daily life in NC in late summer...
    I remember last year I had to sit in my car and wait for 15-30 minutes for it to stop raining because it was just coming down so hard... Looks like we will just have to sit inside and play with lasers... Damn.

-Sal

"
    Damn... Why can't I sleep? Same as last year. Sigh...
    See you guys soon!

Adam

SURE!

Adam "

.. easy to answer--classic case of (English) 'Channel Fever' a well documented 'malady' I am sure buffo knows all about from his Submarine days. ... look it up!!
    will be with you all in spirit--WILL be at SELEM 2017 for sure..

will do my rain dance-- we need more in S Texas--

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Here's a little teaser video showing some new features for Maxwell being introduced at SELEM 2016... yeah, yea, yeah... I know it's only a screen grab video - you'll have to come to SELEM to see actual laser output!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwlV-eg0_b0

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I know I am known for giving my daily updates on the various happenings at LEM's. I need to keep this one short and sweet though. We're doing a lot of shit. You should be here!
    But seriously, things have been happening remarkably fast this year in terms of set up. Much more of a challenge with having a new space but, we were only 20 minutes behind schedule for shows running in the auditorium and CLUB SELEM is really been in full swing. Had some power issues that required building an auxiliary distro this morning but, we've got boatloads of electricity now. We've stayed pretty much on schedule with presentations and such too. It's kinda nice having three more full days to play when we've already accomplished an awful lot and have been having a great time.
    PM Sent...

Wow... it's 3:30 am and I am still wired! This SELEM is one for the record books. Amazing people, amazing lasers, and we still have two full days plus Sunday left! Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

FPV quad flying was great fun, despite the crashes. (Remember the "watch this" moment, immediately followed by "wires, Wires, WIRES!" tumble...) Well, no damage, so all is good!

New shows from Mike Dunn were fantastic! Dj in the club (is it Eric? I'm so bad with names) was a huge plus today as well! Can't wait to see what he has planned for us tonight... And how about the food! Yum! Thanks to Brad and Newlin for all the work, and also thanks to Francis from Laserworld for dinner. (Love that KFC chicken!)

Such a wonderful group of people. Even our babysitter from the venue is awesome. Totally going to request her next year!

Too much fun going on to really describe it. Plus I am on my phone and it is getting very late (or early). But yeah, this SELEM shit *ROCKS*.

See you guys in about 6 hrs!

Adam

Conference room just shut down. At about 0530..

I'd like to sleep, but when I close my eyes, I only see more laser shows...
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

Is there a live video feed of this for us outsiders to watch?
    Have a good time folks!

During the door prize drawing of the final day of SELEM. Adam Burns (Buffo) was presented with this plaque in gratitude for his unselfish time and effort and dedication to SELEM.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adam.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	353.4 KB 
ID:	50507

Name:	Plaque.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	50508

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    During the door prize drawing of the final day of SELEM. Adam Burns (Buffo) was presented with this plaque in gratitude for his unselfish time and effort and dedication to SELEM.

Name:	Adam.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	353.4 KB 
ID:	50507

Name:	Plaque.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	50508
    Excellent. Definitely well deserved.

Awesome -

Well deserved Adam!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....