Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 10 - August 9th through the 14th, 2016 - Sign up now!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Awww man... You got me when someone was cutting onions in the Auditorium!
    That was me. Remember... Saturday was Sausage w/peppers and onions? They got to me too. (Even got a bit of a misty flashback looking at Chris's post above again on Monday.)
    Much deserved.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    The plaque was really nice, and completely unexpected. (As evidenced by my inability to contain my reaction in the photo above!)
    A tiny drop in the bucket compared to what you do for us, Adam! Glad you enjoyed and when we make it to SELEM 25 expect a trophy or something better!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    A tiny drop in the bucket compared to what you do for us, Adam! Glad you enjoyed and when we make it to SELEM 25 expect a trophy or something better!

David
    or some geritol.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

When SELEM 25 comes around I'll be introducing myself to him all over again each morning.

More seriously, this was the best one I've been to which is something I didn't think would happen. This year had more home builds, more presentations, more organization, more non-laser fun things and more lasers than ever before. Always a pleasure to talk to folks talk to every year like DZ, flecom, dkumpula, swami, Aaron, Brad, Adam, Chris, Jeff and many others and it was great to get to know some other folks like Bob, Rick and Chad and others. The "campfire talk" with Aron Bacs was a real highlight and it was amazing to get such insight into the history of the industry. I really hope we can get something similar to it from another perspective next year to paint more of the picture of the beginning days. Thanks to all who make it such a great event.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    When SELEM 25 comes around I'll be introducing myself to him all over again each morning.
    Just like "10 second Tom", eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk7WuvNKe_g

I used to have a name tag that said: "Hi! I can't remember your name either!" I should probably start wearing that again.

Adam

you gave me one of those tags too... ironically I forget every... damn... year...

I can't begin to tell you all how wonderful it was to see all your faces again this year, and spend time with you! I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to do so this year! It was great to have a little bonding time with people who share this craziness, and the fact that it was nearly a week long was even better. I can't wait until next year! I just have to figure out a way to top the last couple of desserts!

-N

Yeah, those cakes were serious business!

Quote Originally Posted by lulighttec View Post
    I can't begin to tell you all how wonderful it was to see all your faces again this year, and spend time with you! I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to do so this year! It was great to have a little bonding time with people who share this craziness, and the fact that it was nearly a week long was even better. I can't wait until next year! I just have to figure out a way to top the last couple of desserts!

-N
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

It's taken me this long to finally get on here and thank everyone for such an incredible weekend. This whole week is essential to anyone interested in lasers and I appreciate everyone for making such a creative and positive environment!
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    During the door prize drawing of the final day of SELEM. Adam Burns (Buffo) was presented with this plaque in gratitude for his unselfish time and effort and dedication to SELEM.
    Attachment 50507
    This is fantastic!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -