Hi David,
    They make good lumia also.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medDSC01121.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	49936
    Here's my test from 2010. Photos

Thanks for sharing, Dan. I hadn't thought about lumia. I'll have to give that a try.

I started playing with my latest build on the zinc-sulfide walls for the first time last night. This was a quicky video although the projector has yet to be properly mounted and aimed.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

DK-

You DEFINITELY took the red pill!

Looks Awesome!

You win the award for most appropriate use of phosphor decay. :-)
    When you hit it with IR, does it darken immediately or does it flash at first? I got some weird outline effects when I tried it. Sorry I don't have pictures.

Thanks, guys! The effect is working well enough to encourage me to paint the rest of the room. I think I may use strontium-aluminate in some locations and stick with zinc-sulfide in others.

Dan: Regarding the IR erasing, it really only works on the zinc-sulfide, which is a bummer as the strontium is the one that is bright and lasts forever, which would be nice to get a good erase. I did notice that on the strontium, a high dose of near IR has some 'de-glow' effect but its painfully slow. It is also incomplete and will leave it charged to a limited degree. I noticed this initially when I was painting some panel in near freezing temperatures. Picking them up resulted in a low glow thanks to the heat from my fingers.

IR with the zinc stuff, does cause an immediate fade from what I've seen, but what I think you are seeing is IR appears to light up (not phosphoresce) the zinc-sulfide a little bit, making it look like the flash you describe. I'll see if I can get some pics/video of the effect.

-David

David thanks for the info and I am loving the results you are getting!

I would totally be into a GTID painting tutorial at SELEM. I was going to suggest having a wall or tarp hung up somewhere so that people could play with the effect.

-Sal

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

here's some old 405nm glow paint lumia i did in 2009

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Plus One on Wildfire. I've seen some of their stuff in theatres and restaurants, its good if you pick the right colors and glow persistence. For laser stuff I think you want medium persistence phosphors..

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    David thanks for the info and I am loving the results you are getting!

I would totally be into a GTID painting tutorial at SELEM. I was going to suggest having a wall or tarp hung up somewhere so that people could play with the effect.

-Sal
    Sure thing, Sal. I've got 4 plastic panels that fit together to cover a 4'x8' space that we can use for SELEM. One side has the strontium alum paint and I'll put the cheaper zinc-sulfide stuff on the other side so people can compare. At least we don't have to worry about those panels going up in flames.

-David

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post

Damn, after having been there and now knowing even better what I'm looking at in these videos, that's impressive!

I see a cartoon laser graphic of a snail moving from left to right with a green glowing slime trail at some point.
    PM Sent...