Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floating Points Live: Lasers and Phosphorescence

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post

I see a cartoon laser graphic of a snail moving from left to right with a green glowing slime trail at some point.
    There was a German (I think) artist who did exactly that at SIGGRAPH in 2012, only his snail moved in a spiral...I wonder if I still have his exhibit info somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I see a cartoon laser graphic of a snail moving from left to right with a green glowing slime trail at some point.
    Yeah, I could give that one a-go using just a straight RGB projector that can hit the same surfaces. Just limit the blue to the areas that you want to glow and draw the rest in red and green combos. 638nm red in any quantity doesn't glow at all and even 515nm doesn't glow much. For graphics on a white surface, you don't need that much power anyway, so just dumping 450nm (or 405nm if I had it on that projector) in a higher quantity for the desired glow should do the job!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Yeah, I could give that one a-go using just a straight RGB projector that can hit the same surfaces. Just limit the blue to the areas that you want to glow and draw the rest in red and green combos. 638nm red in any quantity doesn't glow at all and even 515nm doesn't glow much. For graphics on a white surface, you don't need that much power anyway, so just dumping 450nm (or 405nm if I had it on that projector) in a higher quantity for the desired glow should do the job!

-David
    I was wondering what effect other wavelengths had on re-emission, thanks for that bit of information.

-Sal

Just dumping these here in case anyone wants to investigate the vinyl rolls.
    JALITE 10 to 50 meters in 1 meter width.
    http://www.photoluminescent-signs.co...nescent-vinyl/
    China factory on Alibaba, 1 sq yard minimum order $4.70 per yard
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...857.0.0.s2RiP3
    Minimum 100 sq meters heat transfer (T-shirt) material (thinner, cheaper).
    1.24m*45.7m/Roll
    Paper from England
    http://www.globriteint.com/paper.asp

Thanks for posting this, Dan. The Chi stuff you posted is dirt-cheap! I can see covering entire walls in this material for a nice even glow (something difficult to achieve in my experience without using lots of GITD paint). I'll have to get some and see how it performs.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"