Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 120 000€ budget, need 4-6 18-30W lasers

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    neobenedict,

You are planning to make a substantial investment and I would suggest that you purchase ONE projector and use it for a period of time before spending the rest of your budget. If the consensus is for a particular model then get that one. You don't have to "eliminate" the other and do a side by side, but you should be sure that the one you get will meat your needs.
    I think you are meaning to quote RainerP?

Hi Rainer,

As a KVANT agent, I am biased towards the Spectrum

In terms of easy alignment - cannot look past the motorised mirror mounts in the 2016 model Spectrums, which can be remote controlled from inside Beyond. It would definitely be worth looking at the 25W model as well due to the extra blue line @462nm on the 4th colour channel. Also the Saturn5 upgrade would be a good choice for graphics work

Feel free to shoot me a PM if I can provide any further thoughts and info
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Nice pics Dan / Andy.

On the subject of purchase, I kind of agree with Eric here, it makes most sense to hire a single unit for a few events and try before you buy, as Euro 120K is a lot of money to invest in something if it later turns out that you don't in fact get along with it.

I know Kvant hire lasers, unsure of RTI but at that level, I'd have thought they would probably have some kind of hire / try arrangement.

Personally, I'd hire rather than buy a single unit to try because the dangers with buying is the spec might change between the purchase of the 1st unit and the subsequent units. Hiring, allows you to try without that risk and negotiate maximum discount on the final bulk purchase.

Hi Rainer

We can always supply a unit for testing so if you want (and hopefully Laserworlld can to do the same), we'll send you one of the systems to compare them head to head.
    Just make sure that the RTi is exactly the same model you've got the quote for.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

Just take note some people are sellers pushing their kit, others are just users giving you their Thought
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Little harsh I think Andy when the OP specifically asked about Kvant and RTI.

For sure, someone will be hoping to get a sale out of this. But when the OP asks about those brands, for one of them to offer to hire or lend a laser to be tried, is a nice gesture to make and certainly helpful towards any purchase decision.

Hi Rainer,

In any case you won't be disappointed for sure wathever you choose, as they are two top quality brands. I have to say that it would be difficult to choose even for myself

The thing that could help to differentiate the two may be (it's the general feeling I have) that Kvant makes some rugged, solid like a tank, simple & efficient projectors, while RTi are more "refined", technologicaly advanced pieces of kit full of sensors, shiny touchscreen remotes etc.

But basically the spirit for the laser "engine" is similar : OPSL greens and diode blue+red.

Also just a word about Piko's : Piko 22W are lower on the red power side compared to Spectrum 25 or Nano's, due to the spirit of keeping the beam diameter small to fit the faster CT6210 scanners for 60k scanning. If you want better red balance, the Nano's are for you, but they are of course more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Just take note some people are sellers pushing their kit, others are just users giving you their Thought
    I believe some of the users are/were part of LW sales team - or at least it appeared that way at last BMP&PRO so this is not very relevant comment.
    And yes, I sell for Kvant/with Kvant and so what? I offer people what I think is the best for them and I don't feel I need to hide I sell KVANT lasers. I actually feel pretty good about that
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
    I believe some of the users are/were part of LW sales team - or at least it appeared that way at last BMP&PRO so this is not very relevant comment.
    Martin,
    If that is directed at me (which I believe it is ), I'm afraid you are mistaken.
    I was contracted by LW to write the laser show which ran every 20 mins @ the BPM / PRO trade show, and was onsite to ensure it was working as per the design. We have no sales affiliation with LW; we are just customers who buy their RTI projectors. If it was shitty kit, I'd still let you know (and we're really, really fussy! ) but we kinda like these projectors, nothing more
    My comments stand as a long time user of RTI kit, and is a genuine review.

All the best,
    Dan

Last edited by danielbriggs; 05-25-2016 at 10:28.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

whats harsh? saying some people are here to make nothing other than money and push kit, where as others aren't.

what experience do you have with high end projectors alan?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Little harsh I think Andy when the OP specifically asked about Kvant and RTI.

For sure, someone will be hoping to get a sale out of this. But when the OP asks about those brands, for one of them to offer to hire or lend a laser to be tried, is a nice gesture to make and certainly helpful towards any purchase decision.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat