Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 120 000€ budget, need 4-6 18-30W lasers

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    whats harsh? saying some people are here to make nothing other than money and push kit, where as others aren't.

what experience do you have with high end projectors alan?
    No need to get aggressive, but it's a little Harsh jumping on Martin for making a nice offer to hire / loan kit to try back to back with Rti. I don't see anything pushy in being helpful and then letting the buyer make their own mind up.

....on the subject of high end kit, I own Kvant Andy, although I have nothing against Rti. Rti just wasn't around when I made my buying decision, although whether or not it would or would not have altered it, it's difficult to say.

Who said it was aimed at Martin/kvant?
    I've nothing against Martin/kvant
    I've met Martin on a number of occasions (granted not of recent)

So your kvant is a high end model with opsl in?

Cos you wouldn't be making comments on high end versions when you only one a 1.8w version
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

some people are here to make nothing other than money and push kit
    Just identify who these people are. This is neither harsh or unfair. If the OP's two contenders are available for trial then he can answer his own question.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Who said it was aimed at Martin/kvant?
    I've nothing against Martin/kvant
    I've met Martin on a number of occasions (granted not of recent)

So your kvant is a high end model with opsl in?

Cos you wouldn't be making comments on high end versions when you only one a 1.8w version
    You made a comment that appeared to be aimed at Martin for offering to hire / loan kit to the OP who'd expressed an interest in possibly owning a Kvant. As no-one else has offered, exactly who was it aimed at in this thread now that you're back tracking ? Dave for suggesting Kvant? Dan Briggs for suggesting Rti? Because there's no other posters offering thoughts who might also be sellers......

Martin's offer was a very appropriate, even handed (considering he suggested approaching Rti for the same), and kind offer, even if ultimately he might have been hoping to get a sale out of it. Dave openly revealed he was a Kvant dealer. Dan Briggs just said Rti were good.

There's a difference between someone posting a special offer or information on the latest high end Chinese offering or cut price bargain ILDA offering or someone offering to let you trial a laser, to someone posting the same auction level advert day after day at the same price just fishing for a sale. Some of us actually are interested in people posting special offers or information on the latest versions. I for one would love Omar to post about the Venus II specifications, but he rarely posts information or offers on here now, I wonder why?

You're also wrong on the 1.8W Clubmax. I own a Spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Just identify who these people are. This is neither harsh or unfair. If the OP's two contenders are available for trial then he can answer his own question.
    100% Eric.

Dont Forget Arctos Laser. Ask for the new Elektus which is very compact. 3W Green, 5W Red and 6W Blue, EMS 8000 Scanner and FB4 included in a very small Housing.
    Beam is about 6mm / 1mRad.
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Something that has been bypassed here is how you plan to use these.

Such a large single purchase suggests you have been building a company with a rep and some significant clients are likely to hire you for big projects. Is this true or are you confident and willing to jump in with both feet into a relatively new endeavor? I'm not trying to get you to expose a business plan or your marketing, but just in case your new to this, you might want to get advise on a broader range of issues than just the projectors.

This is just a friendly question and not in any way a criticism. I simply do not know and want to throw this out there.

Thank you guys for all the help and suggestions. In the end we went with the RTI and the deal became a lot more than just buying lasers so we are very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Something that has been bypassed here is how you plan to use these.

Such a large single purchase suggests you have been building a company with a rep and some significant clients are likely to hire you for big projects. Is this true or are you confident and willing to jump in with both feet into a relatively new endeavor?
    It is true, we are quite a big company in our region with over 50 technicians on a payroll.