Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UKLEM - 21 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK 16-17-18-19th of SEPTEMBER 2016

Got a live feed going yet?

Adam

home after another cracking meet.

as ever great to see everyone and have such a laugh, not a bad turn out for this meet.

I not sure what I go for these days, the lasers or the banter, pissed my shit on many occasions

blame chris for the lack of live feed, he had one job and failed

a few new faces at this meet which is always good

a few photos

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Notes to self:
    When bringing the Omnichrome krypton laser, make sure to pick up a power supply that doesn't keep blowing fuses (I only had 11 to choose from!)
    When bringing the lovely yellow MG DPSS laser, make sure to pick up the correct power cable, i.e. the one that has the laser enable links fitted
    At least the Kimmon HeCD was working!
    Had a most enjoyable time, sad to miss Tom's high voltage escapades, except for the erection of a fencepost teepee and dismantling of the transformer!
    Good to see some more new faces and to meet some of the more regular visitors who I hadn't me before.
    Thanks to Jim, as usual; thanks also to Manfred / Hobbybob / Reinder for the siropwaffels, they are my new favourite snack!

Great pictures as usual Andy, thanks for posting them

Shame about the live video feed not happening... Are we still blaming Chris?
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

still... it was his job to bring a camera and do some networking shit

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Great pictures as usual Andy, thanks for posting them

Shame about the live video feed not happening... Are we still blaming Chris?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Notes to self:
    When bringing the Omnichrome krypton laser, make sure to pick up a power supply that doesn't keep blowing fuses (I only had 11 to choose from!)
    When bringing the lovely yellow MG DPSS laser, make sure to pick up the correct power cable, i.e. the one that has the laser enable links fitted
    At least the Kimmon HeCD was working!
    Had a most enjoyable time, sad to miss Tom's high voltage escapades, except for the erection of a fencepost teepee and dismantling of the transformer!
    Good to see some more new faces and to meet some of the more regular visitors who I hadn't me before.
    Thanks to Jim, as usual; thanks also to Manfred / Hobbybob / Reinder for the siropwaffels, they are my new favourite snack!
    I know right? It was such a pain it decided to break at the start of the show... I guess I got a little anxious to blast it with full power... ended up evaporating a carbon resistor into a tank of transformer oil!

Good thing I've got the new oil. I'm going to do a change at some point this week and remove the unneeded components from the 150kV one... it has two 150kV 'relays' in it... this will be interesting.

-------------------------

Thanks for having me visit, it was great to meet you all, I will certainly be back next meet (or at least next year)... with some more goodies!
    Last edited by TCWilliamson; 09-20-2016 at 00:37.

LoTech Solutions for a HiTech Problem...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0280 (1).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	4.76 MB 
ID:	50843

And the best Hotel in Town!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0283 (1).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	50844

Thanks for a crackling weekend

All Best

Analogue Damo

I just realised that the first photo might be better viewed from a horizntal perspective!!