Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM - 21 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK 16-17-18-19th of SEPTEMBER 2016

Laser Warning UKLEM - 21 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK 16-17-18-19th of SEPTEMBER 2016

The 21st (ish!!) United Kingdom Laser Enthusiasts Meeting
    UKLEM - 21 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire England UK 16-17-18-19th of SEPTEMBER 2016 - 4 Day event!
    The dates for the hall are booked for the next Surfleet Laser Enthusiasts Bash and it will be on the 16th (Friday), 17th (Saturday), 18th (Sunday) & 19th (Monday) of SEPTEMBER 2016 starting at around 08:30 Friday Morning TILL WE FINISH on Monday.
    All the usual Surfleet gubbins plus the upper gallery & hall area will be available again for Snogging, Carnal activities, Sleeping & Snore practice purposes as normal.
    There is a huge cooker & 3x fridges available to use throughout the weekend even though the Kitchen area IS the main workshop area usually!

Multicopters and general Radio Control equipment also very welcome.

CAA outdoor laser approval will be sorted for the Friday, Saturday & Sunday night outdoor bashes as usual.

Bring your BBQ's, Horses, Sheep, Antelope's, Bleach etc and hope for some decent weather and nice hazy, cloudy nights.

NO Chinese lanterns Please!

Milling machines accepted as long as you leave them outside in the rain

Surfleet Village Hall
    Station Road
    Surfleet
    Spalding
    Lincolnshire
    UK
    PE11 4DA

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=1...=GB&qs=PE114DA
    Places to stay:
    http://www.shipinnsurfleet.com/ - ABSOLUTELY SHITE PLACE - THEY TREAT YOU AS FORTH CLASS CITIZENS - DON'T BOTHER!!
    http://www.theriversidehotel.info/ - A bit naff but they don't mess customers about like the Ship does! Food is good!
    Travelodge Spalding
    Springfields Outlet Centre
    Camel Gate
    Spalding
    0871 984 6383
    Failing this, there are plenty of B&B's around the area all find able on Google.
    THE COST FOR ANYONE ATTENDING WILL BE £40 PER PERSON REGUARDLESS OF HOW LONG YOU ARE THERE FOR The hall fee's need to be covered and with a few of these meetings in the past, being short of bodies, I need to make sure the hall fee's are covered hence the price. It's basically £10 a day for sheer unadulterated enjoyment of the highest order.

You will be issued with Black bin bags to be kept at your area and ALL your rubbish from the weekend MUST go in these bags AND TAKEN HOME WITH YOU!!! No exceptions to this PLEASE!
    Upon early leaving and on the Monday during clear up of the event you will be expected to tidy our area and remove cable ties, tape etc, stack your chairs and fold down your table before you go.
    It will be greatly appreciated if this is done xxx

There are no other rules at this event which is what makes this event what it is, chilled, easy and sociable.
    The organiser accepts NO responsibility if you get injured and by coming to the meeting you accept full responsibility for your actions. You understand the dangers involved and will not nail my arse to a wall if you get blinded by a stray beam of nice coherent laser light - OK!!!
    Please keep your equipment and area neat and tidy AND PLEASE, NO CABLES ACROSS THE CENTER OF THE HALL, ACROSS EMERGENCY EXITS & GENERAL DOORWAYS
    Come, enjoy and be very Lasery!
    ################################
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Definitely going to put a date in the calendar for this one!

going to be there with mill, Chinese lanterns and fireworks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Action plan for today:
    1. Tell my missus i am going to UK again (again ? yes again!).
    2. Ask 8. and Manfred today if they want to come over (Manfred ? yes Manfred!)
    3. Book ferry
    4. Book Hotel

Looking forward Jim. Will leave mondaymorning 9.30.

@ANDY: you can bring the mill this time! Jim kindly asked to leave it outside in the rain (why is he asking for Rain?).
    The fireworks you can stick up where the sun don't shine ;-)

@JIM: Aren't you afraid that people won't turn up for a quickie when you charge them 40 quid for just a short visit of 1 or 2 days ? <--- hmmm this sentence looks strange...with quickie and charging 40 quid, doesn't it ? But you know what i mean..
    I mean it might work against you and again people stay home ?
    Why not charge 40 for 3/4 days and shorter stay 10 pound a day ? Or 20, but at least something that doesn't scare new people away that haven't experienced the awesomeness and kindness of us guys ?
    The regulars then fill up the cost for the hall, the extra people are just added bonus. Just my thought ?

Just for the record, i have NOOOOOO problem paying 40 quid for 3 days with you lot. And you know Reinder isn't either.
    That's 13 quid a day for learning new swear words, watch crazy people built even crazier stuff, see some retro lasers and learn how it was done in the old days, have fun, play disco monkey over the LOUDspeakers, have real proper english food (like sausages and baked beans and mashed potatoes) and curry and did i say FUN ? Oh yeah i did, but it's really FUN.
    Last edited by hobbybob; 06-13-2016 at 23:35.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

I'm there (in the kitchen)
    Lexi will be there.
    now has the rear suspension got enough in it for another ion......
    we will see.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    going to be there with mill, Chinese lanterns and fireworks
    No bag of swarf too?
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

going to make the swarf at the meet
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'll be there Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Just deciding which alternative hotel I should use, 'cos i'm not going back to the Ship again. Shame really, but hey ho, only themselves to blame.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Action plan for today:
    1. Tell my missus i am going to UK again (again ? yes again!).
    2. Ask 8. and Manfred today if they want to come over (Manfred ? yes Manfred!)
    3. Book ferry
    4. Book Hotel
    Point1: discussed with the missus and got green light, she is working that weekend. Yay. WIN! (I did get a remark i am on holidays more with 8. than with her though) she has got a point so must go on holiday more with the missus.
    Point 2: Why ask 8. ? he Always wants to join me to the LEM. Manfred said Yes immediately when i told him the date (COOL!)
    Point 3: Still to do
    Point 4: just booked 2 rooms at the Riverside (1 for manfred) and a double room for Reinder and me with seperate beds, wanted to go to Ship but heard something about wedding and a room not being available on saturday and immediately shut down and was like. NOPE NOPE NOPE! Nice prices btw too, cheaper than the ship ;-) (The expression cheap as chips comes to mind...)
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Good work Dimmers; you're on the ball today!
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -