Thread: Technical get together

Default Technical get together

I'm thinking of hosting a brief meeting of laser enthusiasts that emphasizes the technical aspects of lasers as well as the related physics. I do not have a firm date, but sometime in the last two weeks of July works best for me.

This is not SELEM nor is this a show. I have some experience that I can share such as how to work with optics and how to fabricate a simple mount. I have some pretty interesting lasers, one son has built some pretty neat radio equipment while the other makes quite a nice buck selling computers and computer components.. The lab/shop is below a nice projection venue and the property is located at the foot of several 4,000(+) foot mountains (these are nice to hike).

I'm open to suggestions, but I want to keep it fun and practical. This former bed and breakfast can accommodate a few visitors and there are a few larger and currently operating B+B's near by.

Visitors can bring projectors they want to show off or want to tweak. van de Graaffs, drones and cyclotrons are welcome, but alas there is only single phase power available.

I'd be up for that. Where in NH?

I'm working on a 2W RGB projector now I could bring up. Might need some help with beam alignment.

Sure, I can probably help with that.

We are located adjacent to the White Mountain National forest, just outside Franconia NH. This is a mid state location that you would access from I 93 N from Boston.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I do wish I could make it. I'm sure it would be a great time with some amazing gear.

I'm in, love to show off my stuff.

I'd come except for the RNC which I am consumed by at the moment. Would love to meet up with you.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I'd come except for the RNC which I am consumed by at the moment. Would love to meet up with you.
    Man, and I thought having to learn confocal microscopy from scratch. self taught, on a massive FV1000 was making my week rough... Have fun with that one my friend.. Prayers sent...
    (No, I can't borrow the 50 mW 578 nm PPLN/ fiber laser, either!)

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...