Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NELEM IV--September 30-October 2, 2016

Looking forward to being there this year Rick! I am bringing a couple projectors, PA system, and plenty of haze.

Will also have Pangolin LD2000 .NET's, and laser modules/components for sale if anyone is interested!

Hope to see you all there!

-Andrew

This has been a phenomenal event for me... As a lowly singly dude without Adam's 300 year retirement plan, I made some stupid decisions to get out here this year.

I think my two favorite parts break down into two parts.

1. The Guests. We had SO MANY people come into Club SELEM looking to spearhead a party. However, things work a bit differently now by just how civilians.

I also went up to so many people with the "what's your favorite color?" Connotation, as I watching Alex and the PSU down the stairs.
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

Hi everyone! Only a month to go for the laser meet. So far the commitments are:

Andrew: Sound system, 2 rigs, haze and laser parts for sale.
    Gabe: 3 hours of amazing content!
    MIT MITERS crew: The most amazing musical Tesla Coil you can imagine!
    Hank: Rigs and a Tesla car!
    Brad: Hopefully more rigs and content!
    Eric ?: Star Wars Drone melting lasers?
    Ed: I would love to see a Scanner MAX in action!
    And ME: Three brand new high-power rigs featuring:
    Arduino control of temps, WIFI reporting, all LD's watercooled, 8mm aperture 506's with Laser Fantasy Amps, and one rig with an integrated FB4!
    Plus a HUGE indoor venue, pig roast and plenty of beer, beautiful fall colors and cool temps.
    Please come if you can--last year was a TON of fun!
    Here are the pics of my two completed rigs:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	730.2 KB 
ID:	50735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	691.0 KB 
ID:	50736

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

We'll see.... I'm meeting with the bride for Saturday on Monday afternoon to detail her wedding. Hopefully they won't want lasers. Sunday now also has an event in the afternoon for about 350 people so, this may be a very whirlwind, caffeine laden, weekend if it can happen.
    PM Sent...

Hey--We are busy too! Two weeks prior we are hosting my daughter's wedding on the property--tents, DJ's Lasers! Plenty of caffeine to go around!

Ok, my room is booked.

At least your wedding event will be over and done with. Just imagine if NELEM was two weeks *before* the event?

Hi Everybody!

Well, my daughter's laser wedding went off without a hitch. We had a crew of 4 people: 2 DJ's: Mastermillions and DJ Speez, lighting guy Peter Freeman who controlled the wireless DMX and moving heads control boards, and Andrew, who ran my three new 25 watt laser rigs. LASER WEDDING! Only Brad does this! Great event and great people. Now it is time to turn to NELEM IV! Between Andrew and myself we will have at least 5 rigs going. Eric is coming but the van is with his son who is in college, so no hardware from him, but he will be here for setup. We have Gabe coming with a lot of award-winning content. We will have plenty of DAC's, sound equipment, scrim for graphics and haze.

Schedule of events:
    Thursday September 29:

Get arena ready, cover mirrors, set up LED "critters" that will light the way to the event--these guy have ~ 10,000 lights and will be running my christmas show (without the music).

Friday September 30:

Pick up Pig and beer in the morning, move all my and Andrew's equipment into the arena and begin setting up, QSC speakers with subs and lasers on crank stands. If we can start setting up the show that evening like last year that would be great. Pig goes in the pit at 9 PM and will sit there till noontime on Saturday. We did this for the wedding and it was delicious.

Saturday October 1:

Noonish--MIT crew arrives and start setting up Telsa coil in the front yard.
    2 ish-- Seminar on my new equipment, Cryo cooling reds, spatial filtering, Arduino control, WIFi reporting, FB4 implementation, 506 scanners with 8 mm aperture, and Laser Fantasy Amps.
    4 ish-- Start pulling pig, final set up for food.
    6-- Start food and beer
    7-7:30-- Tesla Show!
    7:30- 8-- Make way to Arena.
    8 to 10 LASER SHOW!
    10-12 Start picking up.

Sunday October 2 : Clean up.

We have 2 rooms available. Last year Brad slept in one, but we have another single bed, a couch, another futon--plenty of places to sleep.

And there are hotels nearby in Newburyport MA, and surroundings.

Hope people can make it. It will be a blast!

I seriously, seriously wished this were going to be possible as it was one of the most enjoyable weekends I've had in a long time and bits were coming together to make it potentially feasible but, I have to run a wedding rehearsal Friday at 5 and have no one else to cover it and then, we have the wedding on Saturday. And while I could have gotten out of that, I'm now leaving the wedding as soon as dinner is served, to cover a gig for the DJ that's actually working the wedding at my place! Not to mention needing to get ready for 200 at 9 am Sunday and then 350 for dinner at 4pm Sunday. My calendar gets filled more than a year in advance and weekends are my primary business. If you know now when NELEM V will be, I can try and get it penciled in but, I already have 5 weddings in September of next year and have one in September 2018 too!
    PM Sent...

Hey, no problem--it's a long way for you. Hope others can make it! Is September 30, 2017 good for NELEM V?

Probably. I have a wedding that day for 120 but no ceremony. I don't think they know about the possibility of lasers so, I can be certain they know that I won't be here that weekend. I'll add it to the calendar now.
    PM Sent...