Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NELEM IV--September 30-October 2, 2016

Default NELEM IV--September 30-October 2, 2016

NELEM IV!

Once again I'll be hosting a laser meet at my place September 30-October 2, 2016, 540 Main Street, West Newbury MA. last year we had a great time with telsa coils in the front of the house paying Star Wars music and lasers in the rear--see last year's picture and videos.
    http://photonlexicon.com/forums/show...ber-11-13-2015

We will again have a pig roast with all the fixing's and libations.

I'll be demonstrating my 3 new Arduino controlled laser rigs with the cryo-cooled reds. Ed Keefe and Andrew Drantz can make it. Hopefully Eric can bring a blow them up--shoot them up--laser cannon.

Come enjoy the fun and the wonderful fall colors of New England!

See you there!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

There is an outside chance on this. Thursday night looks ok for travel. I have an event on Friday night which I have no problem with my staff handling but, I have a wedding with ceremony on Saturday and don't know all the particulars yet. Sunday is a rare day without an event so that would work for travel.
    PM Sent...

Speaking of weddings, my older daughter is getting hitched on the property on September 17 (the original date that I had in mind for NELEM IV). I'm planning on a laser blow-out on that date (with help from Andrew and friends and anyone else around--no pig--HE is vegan, UGH!). So my rigs need to be done by then--probably be installing my "critters" on the ceiling, and Gort, the laser robot will be officiating. I'll just leave all that stuff up for the meet. The horses will probably freak out, but hey, lasers are more important. And if you can make it, GREAT! Last year was bad for ED and Andrew--but they can both make it this year. It is even Andrew's wedding anniversary.

I'm in.. is there a schedule or plan for Friday and Sunday? I assume Saturday is when most of the things are happening.

I'll even bring the 2W RGB I'm working on now as well as my 14" Tesla Coil. Nothing like last year, but it's still fun! (Think "Stonehenge" from Spinal Tap compared to last year's Tesla Coils )

Hi Hank,

So will you be demonstrating the Tesla Coil on top of your Tesla? We just got solar panels on our barn roof, so we can power your car, the show, the Tesla coils, everything with the power of the sun. So As far as Friday--I can do a seminar on the rigs that I'm currently building: the sensors and the software- the wifi remote. If Ed can bring up one of his ILDA splitters, he can describe their operation--I'm actually incorporating some code that he graciously provided that will display an ILDA pattern from the rig without a DAC (there are two DAC chips I'm wiring into the rig.) I've switched to a more powerful microprocessor to handle that function.

We will have to reach out to the kids at MIT if we want them back. Krazer, I believe, has moved on to Geneva, but if he has contacts still at MIT, it would be great to have the MITERS folks back--they were awesome last year. I'm sure they will love my Arduino laser rig.

Also Friday night last year Brad and I had a walk thru for the show. That was amazing. I'm thinking with my three rigs, Planter's rigs, your rigs, Andrew's rigs, Brad's rigs, we could do an outdoor show with telsa coils AND an indoor show. In any event it will be awesome!

Well, uh, no, I don't think I want the Tesla coil in that close proximity to dozens of onboard computers and static-sensitve modules!

There's also now a Tesla charger not far from you in Seabrook, NH, so I'll probably not need to charge at the farm, but thanks!

Ahh, Seabrook, the land of nuclear power, fireworks, strip clubs, tattoo parlors, tax free shopping, and TESLA CHARGING !

Just met up with Andrew Dranetz over the weekend looking over the venue for the meet in two months. He has plenty of audio gear so we are good to go in that respect. My three new rigs are still in mid build, but coming along. Just to get the ball rolling, here are some pics of the venue from last year:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show - 1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	50464
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show - 1 (1).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	50465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show - 1 (2).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	50466

Just wanted to chime in with some updates from the MIT crew-

The good news is that my travel plans have changed, so I will be in town for the event. We should be able to bring our coil again, and with any luck we will have a fresh power supply that won't explode this time. If sounds like you are pretty set on the laser projector front, so unless you want us to roll a laserscope over we probably won't be bringing anything other than the coil. If you are short on projectors I have enough lasers to set up a temporary 5-10w RGB (depending on how much red I can dig up, the biggest DPSS I have is a 1w so I will be using diodes) but the beam quality won't be great. I also don't have much in the way of DACs (my etherdream has gone missing so I am down to hacked sound cards) and the only software I have is LFIplayer. Probably going to stick to just running the tesla coil...

We have plenty of rigs. I've got 3, 25 watt arduino rigs, Andrew is in town so he will bring his rigs and a great sound system. Hopefully Brad and Eric can make it with their rigs so all good!