Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Yes, I do. Half of Brittan is being ridiculed and I find this offensive.

yet you seem to bucket all people of the Islamic faith into the category of a threat
    Not so, but many. Half of Muslims in Britain would outlaw homosexuality and a high percentage of Muslims in many countries including the US would prefer Sharia law.

Eric, rather than pass judgement on this, I would like to ask you specifically to define "the Islamic threat" because I fail to see what is so threatening about the faith of Islam.
    You're kidding, right? You can't be serious. If you are, despite all the information widely available, nothing I say is going to make a dent and I'm not going to try.

Should people be taking offense to your statements?
    They are free to do so.

What is it that you hope to accomplish by making blanket statements about an entire population?
    I am attempting to inform the reader about my take on the political ramifications of Islamic teachings. There is a lot of controversy surrounding the Talmud, but it is not being used to encourage aggressive, warlike behavior and atrocities committed against women, gays and non believers. At least not to an extent that I am aware of it. Not all Muslims are the same, obviously, but when there are 1.6 billion and a substantial percentages say little or nothing to oppose terrorism committed in the name of Islam and a smaller but still significant fraction actually support the terrorism then this is extremely important.

Not all cultures are equal.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    My opinion is that Brit should leave the EU and join a new union with England, Ireland, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland. I'd add the Netherlands and Belgium but they are kind of messed up right now. Let Germany, France, Greece and the others figure it out for themselves. This also preserves the major trade partners that they already have but pulls the bull stuff policies off their shoulders. Basically they are starting over. Eventually they will be the powerhouse and the rest will come back but on England's terms. I do not think they should use force however. I think Germany and company are paying enough of a price already with the Syrians. Anyway I think it is important they take Scotland and Ireland with them when they leave.

The Netherlands right now is still ok.. but if the immigration continues it will too late eventually.
    Curious what will happen tomorrow.

The UK should NOT leave the EU.. bad idea
    Last edited by masterpj; 06-22-2016 at 02:36.

The UK should NOT leave the EU.. bad idea
    But, for whom.

You say that if the immigration continues it will be too late eventually. What is driving it, not the emigration from third world countries, but the policy for the Netherlands to continue to allow these people in? Why these feeble complaints by the politicians and the failure to defend national borders? What is the value or even the purpose of national borders if they can be breached with impunity? I mean really. Why were wars fought, check points established and constitutions written if these borders can be ignored by a politician to promote his or her own current political agenda?

Sharia law courts and no go zones? This is madness and sliding toward anarchy. The Netherlands is OK as you say, but if the direction it is headed in so undermines the culture that you can foresee disaster in the future, it is imprudent to remain on the beach as the tidal wave builds. Earlier, you discussed leaving. You should not support policies that make this choice a necessity.

Just in the news.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/underground...ry?id=39728421

We can keep up a rolling tally, but the point stands and is relevant to this thread only as it influences Brexit.

Why can't a country the size of England stay in the EU financial system but tell them to go pound salt on the immigration issue. It seems to me that the EU all or nothing stance is stupid and hurtful and unproductive. They should have been able to dialog out the differences. I am not informed so did they try this first?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i think this sums things up pretty well...

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    here's a little something ...... This one will be in the week of my 62nd birthday...."
    Full agreement from me on this topic ..... " Happy Birthday"

Hope you are winning a few mobike races !

Cheers

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Full agreement from me on this topic ..... " Happy Birthday"

Hope you are winning a few mobike races !

Cheers
    I think you missed that it was penned by AA Gill. I think Adam has a few years to go before hitting 62!
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i think this sums things up pretty well...
    Some threads are just not meant for you, don't be so hard on yourself.