Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Why can't a country the size of England stay in the EU financial system but tell them to go pound salt on the immigration issue. It seems to me that the EU all or nothing stance is stupid and hurtful and unproductive. They should have been able to dialog out the differences. I am not informed so did they try this first?
    This is a good question, but with the size and complexity of the EU administration, MP's who have NO POWER other than in an advisory role and Brittan's failure to win any of the 70 odd disputes that they have raised, exit may be the only way. Also, exit is not the end of the world. Switzerland and Norway are not members of the EU and they are doing well and trade extensively with the EU.

@ Brad ...dead right mate ...getting a bit dozy in my old age ! (sorry Adam)
    @ kecked ....England is about the same size as a postage stamp .... we just make a lot of noise a bit like Japan!
    Cheers

Something historic may be about to happen. The ramifications are huge and most I believe, are very good.

http://www.bbc.com/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

I just saw on Yahoo news, the UK left the EU!!!
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

They did not LEFT the EU.
    They said they don't want to be member in the future.
    But process of separation will take years and will create more victims than winners. On both sides.
    It is NOT like cancelling membership of the local tennis club!

Joachim
    Producer of EasyLase USB and NetLase
    Lasershow software DYNAMICS

Bad times await... people voted with their emotions. Waiting for scotland to leave the UK in response.

Nobody wins here... I don't get why people are even thinking of supporting the likes of Nigal Farage and UKIP.
    The worst just became a reality.. pack your bags while you still can (and potentially worry about your money on the banks).

Default Paint the rock at Gibraltar

Found this in the newspaper. Citizens of Gibraltar was not happy for the Brexit.
    Member here who is responsible for the artwork?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gibraltar.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	50204
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

So... what's bad about it again?

From what I see,

EU has a migrant crisis, they are being idiots about this issue as is the USA. If UK doesn't want mass immigration, they can't do anything about it, Germany can accept those immigrants, give them EU citizenship then UK has to accept them like any other EU citizen because UK is part of EU. At the end of the day, UK has no control over immigration. If leaving EU, EU citizens (this includes immigrants) will have to get in the country and get a citizenship through the same legal process as anyone else from the world is right now.

UK can still have trade deals with EU even if not being part of EU, some countries do it.

UK is still a member of NATO so I see nothing to be worried in this regard either.

I don't think UK leaving EU will have a domino effect, states which benefit from it will remain in it. It's always been about the personal interests of member states.
    On the other hand, this might be a wakeup call for EU to get its shit together.

Scotland might leave because of this, but there wasn't going to be any UK either way from where EU is heading (federal state).

What are the bad consequences?

Interesting statistic in the context of the piece I posted previously. It was largely the aging population responsible for the result, so it was bang on the money.

In terms of immediate effect, my wedding I need to pay for (in dollars) next month just got a whole load more expensive, and my (Danish) wife to be says she no longer wants to live, work, pay taxes and raise our child in a country that doesn't want outsiders. She has said she's seen a change in people's attitudes in the 15 or so years she's been here.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

For those suffering of the brexit:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brexine.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	50205
    Trying to create a good diode mount....