Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

The Pound is at an al time low and dropping... Ireland is rummored to leave and Scotland (Who voted for a stay) will now bring up the leave again and this time will actually leave... Scotland pays a lot to the rest of the UK... It will not be an united kingdom anymore but just a kingdom. The move to leave is political suicide and I can't believe my eyes people even remotely listened to UKIP.

Even though the migration crisis is an issue the leave actually would not be going to solve this.

I'd also be worried for the stability of banks there and the higher costs because of slower and unattractive trade! The UK might have spend a lot towards the UK but also got a considerable amount back.. A lot of information was left out by parties who wanted a leave including media sites and UKIP is most certainly one of them!

The same party who is advertising that they won it "without a bullet being fired" while Jo Cox was murdered 8 days ago?????
    Not sure if you have seen the political meltdown videos of Nigel Farage but.. he is out right stupid.

To Norty: Good luck man! Hope you can move to a better place and the marriage works out!
    Last edited by masterpj; 06-24-2016 at 01:19.

I think it is not such a bad thing the UK leaves the EU. If they'd stayed, they would have vetoed every EU decision that would not be beneficial for the UK.
    Now the UK does what they want and also the EU does what they want.

Clarification: I am not contra UK or it's citizens. But I think that (for the moment at least) the UK is not ready to be in the EU. This showed clearly when they decided not to be part of the eurozone
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Even though the migration crisis is an issue the leave actually would not be going to solve this.
    I just explained how it would. If you disagree, please explain why.

I'd also be worried for the stability of banks there and the higher costs because of slower and unattractive trade!
    Some European countries trade with EU, its pretty attractive.

The same party who is advertising that they won it "without a bullet being fired" while Jo Cox was murdered 8 days ago????
    How did her murder affect the referendum results?

Not sure if you have seen the political meltdown videos of Nigel Farage but.. he is out right stupid.
    I have seen only few of his speeches, haven't noticed anything so far. People tell the same about Trump, I believe you're brainwashed by the media and edited clips and quotes, I've seen enough of his full speeches to come to that conclusion. Won't be surprised if this Nigel guy is the english version of Trump and same is true here.

To Norty: Good luck man! Hope...the marriage works out!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    In terms of immediate effect, my wedding I need to pay for (in dollars) next month just got a whole load more expensive, and my (Danish) wife to be says she no longer wants to live, work, pay taxes and raise our child in a country that doesn't want outsiders. She has said she's seen a change in people's attitudes in the 15 or so years she's been here.
    Well I'm not personally against outsiders and I think many educated people in UK aren't either. The problem is not "outsiders", it's mass immigration. That's just bad for poor people.
    Why aren't the islamic brother nations accepting the refugees into their countries? Why do so many have to travel so far and find refuge in Europe or even US instead? They don't have to but they do because it's a better option. It's like wanting a sportscar for a taxi, you just need a taxi, the car shouldn't matter for you.

Anyway, they come to your country, they have completely different philosophy of life, completely different views on government, law, morality and do not wish to merge into your culture. And all those views are extreme for english. Icing on the cake is terrorism. So these people don't care about your way of life, in fact they hate it, yet want you to make room so they can work in jobs you could have instead, all the while countries with similar culture to theirs could have accepted them instead. Of course people are going to get pissed and fed up. I don't see how this is racist or xenophobic. This is pretty much inviting someone to live in your house until they find a place to stay out of good will and then them demanding you give them money and rearrange your furniture how they want. You'd tell such quests to get lost.

The problem is not "outsiders", it's mass immigration. That's just bad for poor people.
    I think the government is worse for poor people, but blaming the immigrants is a convenient way of securing the poor people's votes, and its worked. Its the poorer post-industrial areas of the UK that were most vocal about the leave. Bizarrely, a lot of these same people also voted Tory at the last election. The country is messed up.

My experience of immigrants in our local area is somewhat removed from how you describe, but we may live in an area less affected by mass immigration. I'm afraid I can't agree on the 'Tekkin' aar jerbs' argument. Besides, I thought they were stealing our benefits?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I admit to not having had time to follow this nearly as much as I should but, I'm sensing it's time to go ahead and get ready to place a good sized order with Rob Stanley. The currency conversion has always been a damper on getting laser stuff.
    PM Sent...

"Ireland is rummored to leave"
    No way!.....where did you hear that masterpj??? Too bad our largest trading partner is leaving and looking at various people being interviewed on Sky news it seems like, "Oh no, what have we done............"

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I think the government is worse for poor people, but blaming the immigrants is a convenient way of securing the poor people's votes, and its worked. Its the poorer post-industrial areas of the UK that were most vocal about the leave. Bizarrely, a lot of these same people also voted Tory at the last election. The country is messed up.
    Well, I can say that your argument is certainly logical: the government can move the blame from them to mass immigration. But mass immigration is a problem for poor people, the government may exaggerate it or use it to move people's attention from other issues but it's simple math: you have certain amount of available jobs. More people than reasonable easily come in who need jobs and are given the same opportunity. This results in less jobs available. Simple as that. It would be the usual 'Tekkin' aar jerbs' arguments if there was a legal procedure for getting into UK and working there which would take into account the interests of the local population, but no. It's immigrants who are abusing the refugee status to very easily get in a country that pays more.
    They didn't need to come to UK. There were so many muslim countries they could go to if they were refugees. Why didn't they go? For the above reasons. If an immigrant comes to your country not because he has no choice and on top of that gets in very quickly and gets a job very quickly by abusing the refugee status and not giving a crap about the locals and how they are an extra economic burden to that country and the people, why should the locals give a crap about them?

Not even getting into the issue with islamists getting in being an issue by itself. I find the reaction of UK citizens to all this emotional but perfeclty understandable.

What's your opinion on Tommy Robinson?
    Last edited by neskusen; 06-24-2016 at 05:05.

Quote Originally Posted by helium View Post
    "Ireland is rummored to leave"
    No way!.....where did you hear that masterpj??? Too bad our largest trading partner is leaving and looking at various people being interviewed on Sky news it seems like, "Oh no, what have we done............"
    The majority of Ireland also voted a stay within the EU. It shouldn't come as a surprise.
    Are you guys really pulling a blind eye to all the problems that are happening right now? The move is bad if you like it or not.\
    The Pound is at an all time low and I estimate the interest will keep dropping... Many people are working on getting an passport for ireland and moving.. don't blame em.

Many businesses who pay huge sums of tax to the UK are now leaving or moving their assets. What's the point of this "independance" if your country is in chaos with possibly huge financial problems really soon... barclays went down 30% for instance!
    Sky news is not a very credible source if you look at some of the past news articles they have put out.. Look at others as well.

To me the brexit was voted on emotion...

You might be a tad bit exaggerating the current situation and with your predictions of the future.
    People say they will move to Canada if Trump is elected. I call bullshit on that.