Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Brexit

This recent post by Louder is too long, but there is an interesting exchange with Lauren Southern beginning around 23 min and lasting for 5-10 min. This does not relate directly to the Brexit, but it gives an insight into what many in Europe face, who oppose the heavy hand of the elite globalists. To me this is not surprising, but it is worse than what I imagined and I would guess similar to what the Nazi's tried and the Soviets did.
    I forgot to link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su7xoavMvdE

Quote Originally Posted by Nii View Post
    So... hows it going in your island?
    Exchange rate down the drain as expected, proBrexit politicians have resigned now that results show opposite of what they "promised", ... many investment funds with money in properties in UK have been frozen, so they don't cause a massive sell off..... In general pretty dismal !
    By now most of the deprived areas with large concentrations of pro-brexit voters, have started to discover the consequences, which ironically hit them first and foremost!

Banks and large corporations making a fortune by moving funds around under the radar, ... pretty good outcome for Europeans & Americans traveling to UK, not so good for permanent residents.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    pretty good outcome for Europeans & Americans traveling to UK, not so good for permanent residents.
    I see, well except the residents who work in the tourism business or have tourists as customers, right?
    Anyway, hope these are all just short term effects and you'll get back on track soon.

Banks and large corporations making a fortune by moving funds around under the radar, ... pretty good outcome for Europeans & Americans traveling to UK, not so good for permanent residents.
    Certainly the big corporations and I believe the banks as well, pushed for Remain. Maybe they were poised to benefit from the disruption OR the continuation of business as usual.

proBrexit politicians have resigned now that results show opposite of what they "promised"
    Farage resigned of course. Saying he had achieved his goal after 17 years of trying. Have there been some other notable resignations?

Don't get me wrong. I am not gloating over the significant pain this transition will cause, but I'm more optimistic that the long term effects will be positive for Britain. I hope I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Exchange rate down the drain as expected, proBrexit politicians have resigned now that results show opposite of what they "promised", ... many investment funds with money in properties in UK have been frozen, so they don't cause a massive sell off..... In general pretty dismal !
    By now most of the deprived areas with large concentrations of pro-brexit voters, have started to discover the consequences, which ironically hit them first and foremost!

Cheers
    Temporary. Exchange rate is the result of traders gambling on the markets: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-brexit-result

Lets not forget it's the rich in power and they have the ability to manipulate the markets in anyway they see fit.

All I see so far are broken promises, such as not executing Article 50 to pull out. Either they're angling for such dissatisfaction as to be able to hold a 2nd vote and win a reversal, or they're talking strategy to make doom and gloom come true such as negotiating a bad deal. We are in a position to hold the EU to ransom in my opinion. However, the rich have too many friends there. The gloves are off from Junker and yet we're sitting back and taking it. All a conspiracy if you ask me. The rich have the upper hand once more and are looking at ways to make the whole Brexit thing work for them in my opinion. Once again the whole country revolves around the roulette wheel that it so called financial services aka the rich gambling with money that doesn't belong to them.

The battle never ends. As a Trump supporter I have again and again argued that if he manages a win that is only a first step in a long fight to reduce the power of a very powerful, institutional government. A knock out punch is an appealing wish of those that feel they have been disadvantaged by the current elite, but it isn't that simple. The vote was an important rallying cry, but despite the fatigue, the same energy or more is going to be needed to take advantage of this opportunity and force this change. The elite are not stupid and they're not even lazy, but they are corrupt and they are the minority. They will have to be removed. Thankfully, Britain hasn't fallen so far ( Europe is ahead of you there) that their corpses will not have to be dragged out of the palace.