Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LasershowGen now with free edition!

Hi, thank you for your post. I need to externally (remotely) (not from the LaserShowGen software) run the laser show and pause it. On/Off laser maybe. I need to do it from some physical port like USB. In LSX it is possible to do from Midi port. I can probably use USB relay to turn on and off the laser power, but affraid to spoil it fast.
    How about LaseShowGen? Maybe you know such option? Any ideas? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MViatcheslav View Post
    Hi, thank you for your post. I need to externally (remotely) (not from the LaserShowGen software) run the laser show and pause it. On/Off laser maybe. I need to do it from some physical port like USB. In LSX it is possible to do from Midi port. I can probably use USB relay to turn on and off the laser power, but affraid to spoil it fast.
    How about LaseShowGen? Maybe you know such option? Any ideas? Thank you
    There's no way to externally communicate with LSG other than to use keyboard buttons. So you could have a USB keyboard, or custom device that acts as a keyboard, to send button presses that starts, stops, pauses playback etc. There are also programs that can translate MIDI signals into such keyboard presses.

Mny thanks to your explanation. It helped a lot. All the best in all your endeavours.

We can generate such codes. Thank you
    Last edited by MViatcheslav; 01-20-2020 at 20:10.

Ok, from the latest manual I found, that this is Tab button. And it works. Thanks again

Hi guys, the newest version of LaserShowGen Pro software includes this show by Jarek Kral! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gfA6702cmA

LSG can export to .ILD if you want the raw files.

Free version is very apreciated so people can check the software out too before they buy!
    I know im a beyond user (and it's what ill keep using) but this is great for things like the laserdock (without modification of an ilda port)

First observation:
    Turning optimization in dac settings off doesn't allow you to set the lasers scanrate.. what scanrate does it run at?? I noticed setting fps results in changed scanrate behaviour but its a bit unclear
    Last edited by masterpj; 07-25-2020 at 07:17.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    First observation:
    Turning optimization in dac settings off doesn't allow you to set the lasers scanrate.. what scanrate does it run at?? I noticed setting fps results in changed scanrate behaviour but its a bit unclear
    For unoptimized files, LSG plays them with a constant frame rate rather than point rate. The point rate is set by the equation of frame rate times the number of points in the frame. F.ex. if you set FPS to 30, and the current frame is 1000 points long, it will play at 30*1000 = 30 000 pps.

This is a bit different than how some other programs optimize the files with a variable frame rate and constant point rate instead. Once you find the right FPS it would look the same for ILDA files with only one frame, or with animations where each frame has a similar amount of points. Files that was optimized with a very variable frame size might experience some problems like flickering or warping, though. I have been planning on adding a way of playing with a constant point rate instead of frame rate in LSG eventually, but haven't gotten around to it.

Default Is it possible to install a purchased Pro version of LSG to a 32bit old Laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Check out the new dedicated page with information and download links: https://bitlasers.com/lasershowgen-sw/

EDIT 2019-06-18: New in LSG: Live mode! Available in the free version

Just wanted to share that I have now split LasershowGen into two editions, Free and Full. The free edition does not have access to the timeline mode for more complex shows, and has a max number of ILD file exports per day of 10. But this should be enough for many people, who now can easily make ILD files or output ILD files to DACs for free!
    So take a look and tell me what you think, even if you primarily use other software you might find some effects are easier to create in LasershowGen, and you no longer have anything to lose by checking it out!

The full edition has increased $5 in price, to $29.90. All existing licenses counts as LasershowGen Full of course.

Good Day! Is it possible to install your LSG to a 32bit old Laptop Fujitsu-Siemens? I tried and failed. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MViatcheslav View Post
    Good Day! Is it possible to install your LSG to a 32bit old Laptop Fujitsu-Siemens? I tried and failed. Thank you
    Hi,
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. Can you elaborate on what exactly happened? Did you get an error message? Did it fail during install or during launch?