Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sizes of cylindrical lenses, PBS cubes and waveplates, advice needed

they are mostly old stock Edmund optics. al least the ones I order seem to come in Edmund folders. so yea I recommend the optics.

Nice. Edmund sells uncoated lenses too, but Surplusshed website mentions if the lens is coated or not so should be pretty good.

Go for it they are fine

To hitch a ride on your thread:

I'm looking for a PBS cube to combine 520nm and 1064nm, not finding such a creature, I guess they don't exist? I just want to axially combined beams from a green and IR diode together. Maybe I don't need PBS to do that, just some kind of dichro arrangement?

The reason is I found some nice 5 inch diameter AR coated PCX lenses for 1064nm and was hoping, once I get them, 520nm might also pass through the AR without much reflection so I could use the lens as a collimator for both a green and IR diode together, being able to switch from one to the other for a dual use unit. If anyone has suggestions please tell.

Thanks!
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

I assume this is for cutting alignment
    How about a mirror that reflects the ir but is just leaky enough at 520nm to pass the green. Ie a 99/1 beam splitter.

Want it just for a laser pointer to test mountain top to mountain top slow speed data, the green is for initial alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I assume this is for cutting alignment
    How about a mirror that reflects the ir but is just leaky enough at 520nm to pass the green. Ie a 99/1 beam splitter.
    If I understood the question, I'd think a cold mirror like this would do the trick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Optical-Filt...MAAOSwgApXACGm

I've only aligned IR with visible light a couple times so far, but I found it challenging to align utilizing a camera.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

A simple long-pass dichro should accomplish this. Example: this one from Edmund's optics.

Although the cut-off appears a bit too high (515 nm) on that one to be useful with a DPSS green pointer, it would probably work fine with a direct-injection green diode. (Then again, there might be just enough reflectance at 532 nm to work with your pointer, albeit at a reduced efficiency.)

Still, I'm sure you can find a commercially-available off-the-shelf solution that will pass IR and reflect green.

Adam

I was so hoping I could use a cube to combine IR and green, thank you for the help. I will try to find a dichro to pass IR and reflect green.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Find seller bjomejag on Ebay, him, and his alterego omegabob will be selling a dichro that does what you need.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...