Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lasers and synthesizers...

Chris...SPOT ON !!! Laser Lumia...by it's very nature is about as "Polar Opposite" as one can get from the word Frenetic !!!!!!!!!! Laser Lumia should be....slow, unfolding. graceful !!!
    As the beautiful music of James Asher...http://www.james-asher.co.uk/release/the-great-wheel/ Note: Go to the last selection..." The Great Wheel "
    Non-Frenentic is EXACTLY what I am aiming at with this Audio to Laser Lumia auto link up. I believe with this equipment... I will be able to achieve such a link !!!
    I want to sit back...truly enjoy the music....appreciate the linked Laser Lumia display....not have the Laser display distract in any way from the sonic beauty and wonder that is so valuable and appreciated !!!
    I want the Laser Lumia to be...well...a visual....delayed, sustained echo of the audio/music content. I am hopeful, this system can deliver that synergy of Music + Laser Lumia.
    I truly appreciate your comments and expectations. Coming from you....with SO MANY wonderful gifts with your shows to us...I can only aspire to add but a footnote to this " Great Wheel of Life "....I am compelled by my personal cosmic unconsciousness to give back a little.
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 08-02-2016 at 20:50. Reason: Added note of which selection to go to
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Also....the Eurorack units have many, many patch possibilities. The units also have many control dials. SO...in a fashion....one will be able to control/modify the ADSR sound envelope....which in turn modifies the Laser Lumia display...SOooo...this set up is a " Controllable Laser Lumia "
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Seems that there is a load of modern music gear which I have somehow missed out on!
    @ "LVO ADSR envelope modifier." = care to elaborate on this a bit ?
    Cheers

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Seems that there is a load of modern music gear which I have somehow missed out on!
    @ "LVO ADSR envelope modifier." = care to elaborate on this a bit ?
    Cheers
    low voltage oscillator attack decay sustain release?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

MSI makes a single chip analog frequency band splitter.
    It's 7 channels but you could combine down to three for RGB or just get more lasers. MORE LASERS!
    The output is the peak volume within that band, so it's already a little bit enveloped, but you would feed it into your envelope modifier.
    This gives your other colors something to do... or more cables to plug into different parts of the synth rack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSGEQ7-MSI-G...-/171233946193

DB...Thanx...See my reply in the " Solar Prominence lll" thread.CD

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    low voltage oscillator attack decay sustain release?
    Thanks!

Let me put my question differently, since I fully understand what an envelope generator involves.

I also am familiar with LFO's VCO's VCA's VCF's (including lowpass,highpass,windowsize,window shift etc.) and VC-just about anything else.

Is the envelope MODIFIER really a gizmo for modifying a pre-existing envelope or just another name for a normal envelope generator?
    What is the specific purpose of a low VOLTAGE osclilator and in what way does this "modify" an envelope or its generator ?
    Is it applied to modify ANY of the envelope parameters or just ONE in particular ?

Makes me wonder what a HIGH voltage oscillator would be used for .. I have always assumed that the max voltages of all oscillators were organised to match their receiving circuitry rather than considering them as a characteristic of a certain type of oscillator.
    Maybe this is just an English/American language thing, and this is what is getting me mixed up.

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 08-06-2016 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Thanks!

Let me put my question differently, since I fully understand what an envelope generator involves.

I also am familiar with LFO's VCO's VCA's VCF's (including lowpass,highpass,windowsize,window shift etc.) and VC-just about anything else.

Is the envelope MODIFIER really a gizmo for modifying a pre-existing envelope or just another name for a normal envelope generator?
    What is the specific purpose of a low VOLTAGE osclilator and in what way does this "modify" an envelope or its generator ?
    Is it applied to modify ANY of the envelope parameters or just ONE in particular ?

Makes me wonder what a HIGH voltage oscillator would be used for .. I have always assumed that the max voltages of all oscillators were organised to match their receiving circuitry rather than considering them as a characteristic of a certain type of oscillator.
    Maybe this is just an English/American language thing, and this is what is getting me mixed up.

Cheers
    So sorry Mr. C....I meant LFO...NOT LVO !!! BIG DUH on my part !!! I am just new to the world of Synthesizers.......and starting to learn a complete other world....that being the World of Synthesizers/Eurorack modules !!!...I am sure you have forgotten ...more than I know !!! Forgive my NOOB mistake !! My heart is in the right place....just my patch cord plugged into the " NOOB" jack !!!

I advised the patient staff at Foxtone/Sweetwater....what I wanted to accomplish...and....they made suggestions. I have SOoooo much to learn about Eurorack modules....I barely no where to start !! ....but....I will learn ...and experiment...and really enjoy the ride !!!CDB
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 08-06-2016 at 19:55.

I was wondering if anyone has has had the chance to spend some hands-on time with the LZX Cyclops module (Eurorack-to-ILDA Laser Projector interface ) that was the subject of my original post?

I'm starting to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" of my home workshop / laser & music studio conversion, which includes (finally!) my completely-assembled 5U modular and Moog synth gear, along with a semi-permanent install of my laser equipment.
    I'm still VERY interested combining the lasers with my modular, and was thinking a small Eurorack case filled with the Cyclops and a couple of quadrature LFO modules would be a great way to directly link the synths & lasers.

If anyone here has any experience working with the LZX Cyclops module, it would be great to hear your feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Discothefunkyhippo had one in the modular he brought to SELEM 11. Cool little module. Seemed to work as intended- Not a lot to it: voltage control in, some gain pots, and ILDA out!