Thread: galvo adjustment

Default galvo adjustment

Hi All, does anyone have a setting up guide or 'how to adjust' a scanner system in a a Stealth Laser (It has Cambridge Galvos )
    Its scanning fine but the size is very small only about 10-15 deg.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    Hi All, does anyone have a setting up guide or 'how to adjust' a scanner system in a a Stealth Laser (It has Cambridge Galvos )
    Thanks in advance
    There is a pot that adjusts size but you will probably have to re-tune if you adjust too far.

There is a guide to tuning around here somewhere hopefully someone can provide the link. I have tuned many sets of galvos and its not an easy task but its not really that hard once you get the hang of it
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by keeperx View Post
    There is a pot that adjusts size but you will probably have to re-tune if you adjust too far.

There is a guide to tuning around here somewhere hopefully someone can provide the link. I have tuned many sets of galvos and its not an easy task but its not really that hard once you get the hang of it

Thanks for your reply, I have made the adjustments using the gain pot and all is good .I did have to make other adjustments and its improved overall scan.
    Thanks again

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    Thanks in advance
    10-15 degrees is actually pretty wide.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Here's the scanner tuning tutorial I wrote years ago: http://lasershowparts.com/files/Arti...20Tutorial.pdf

One caveat: Make sure you are not scanning too wide before you start. 8 degrees is the spec, but you can tune at less than that if you want. If you are wider than 8 degrees you can still be OK, provided your scanners are capable. But if you try to tune and you are beyond your scanner's abilities, you will *never* get the pattern to look right. When in doubt, err on the side of a smaller scan angle when tuning.

Adam