Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Automatic Swami Machine 😁

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

some of the abstracts make rather nice beam effects. there are more effects coming. i will suggest that add some that are designed for beams. i don't know why they went with dedicated hardware over supporting existing dacs like etherdream. maybe they felt it was a better approach to control latency.

Quote Originally Posted by Nii View Post
    I think this is a very good device both in quality and cost, but sadly I'm skeptical the Kickstarter/Indiegogo will meet its goal for the simple reason that a laser projector is required and laser projectors are small niche market. I don't think many people will be willing to pay around $300 plus more for a laser projector just for this. However, I see you have a flexible goal set up so setting up Indiegogo page doesn't hurt.

PS. Why no beam effects? I'd buy one for that. Quality sound reactive beams are hard to set up in my program, something plug and play would be perfect. There's already something basic like that for video projectors I use http://www.musicbeam.org/

Oh, and one more thing, maybe this is a silly question, but was hardware really required? It could be just a software package using the open DAC API to work with several DACs.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Extra hardware doesn't bother me. I would still pay $300 or more just for software though, that would increase their profits if they partnered wit RIYA Lasers or Etherdream and sold their cheap DACs with the software instead of making their own hardware. I don't think latency would be an issue, my RIYA DAC responds to data from the sound card pretty fast, if that is waht you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nii View Post
    Extra hardware doesn't bother me. I would still pay $300 or more just for software though, that would increase their profits if they partnered wit RIYA Lasers or Etherdream and sold their cheap DACs with the software instead of making their own hardware. I don't think latency would be an issue, my RIYA DAC responds to data from the sound card pretty fast, if that is waht you mean.
    how fast is "pretty fast"?

remember, as humans we're really good at noticing when audio and visual are out of sync.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Fast enough for our team to not notice any lag. Specifically the $150 RIYA Lite DAC.

Hey swami, are those your abstracts in that thing? looks like your work.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Hey swami, are those your abstracts in that thing? looks like your work.
    no. none of the abstracts are mine, but some of them are really cool.