Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SELEM BUY/SELL

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Ok... I'm still kinda behind on this but, here are a few things I now know for certain. (I know.... I know... where is the laser stuff!?! I hear ya.)
    I have a pair of Harbinger 12" powered speakers that are essentially brand new - we'll say "lightly used" still in original boxes. The APS12 - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Harbinge...-PA-Speaker.gc
    One has been used once, the other is used 1x per week to play audio from youtube clips to a group of about 25 people. It's also been used as a PA for an officiant for 1 outdoor wedding ceremony on our patio. Sold originally for $149 each - $150 for the pair.
    Ideal for taking a laser show to a friends house for a party when you need sound or, out by the pool and let your kid plug in their phone for music. These probably won't be brought to SELEM unless there is interest or a buyer.
    Behringer 1622FX Mixer - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...74115050447.gc Used but, everything works. Minor cosmetic damage in one small spot. I've had it about 5 years and have used it perhaps 15-20 times. It's been brought to a couple LEM's as a backup. $110. This will be at SELEM.
    Blizzard Reanimator LED effect lights (2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcS3NJdvUXc The video really doesn't show them off that well although, it's better towards the end. These are brand new, never used for an event. I had a DJ bring one to a gig, thought it was cool and, searched like hell to find a pair. Finally got them and never remember to use them. The angles in my ballroom don't work to display these the way I envisioned. If I owned a club and could mount them exactly where they need to be to match my vision, they'd be great. $75 each or $125 for the pair. Probably not brought to SELEM unless there is interest.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I have a pair of Harbinger 12" powered speakers that are essentially brand new - we'll say "lightly used" still in original boxes. The APS12 - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Harbinge...-PA-Speaker.gc
    One has been used once, the other is used 1x per week to play audio from youtube clips to a group of about 25 people. It's also been used as a PA for an officiant for 1 outdoor wedding ceremony on our patio. Sold originally for $149 each - $150 for the pair.
    Ideal for taking a laser show to a friends house for a party when you need sound or, out by the pool and let your kid plug in their phone for music. These probably won't be brought to SELEM unless there is interest or a buyer.
    Sooo.. these are powered, so I wouldn't need a pre-amp or a power amp, correct? I could feed my line-level out from the laser computer (beyond) directly to these speakers, and be good to go? How do you do run stereo to these then - daisy-chain? I'm interested.

In terms of selling, I'll likely be bringing down my APC-40 (Version 1) with Pangolin overlay for sale - it's in very good-to-excellent condition. I've barely used it, and I doubt I will in the future. $225.

I have a really nice "DJ" gear bag that holds the APC40 perfectly, as well as a full size notebook computer and lots of ILDA cables and accessories which I'll bring down with it,and will probably offer for sale also. Price TBD.

Correct. It's amp and speaker in one package. Even has a 5 band EQ. Inputs are RCA and XLR. So, basically an RCA cord and adapter from 1/8" stereo jack to RCA and you're golden. I don't know that these "daisy chain" like some powered speakers but, I could be wrong. You may have to run one RCA cable to one and one RCA cable to the other. Most of the time a DJ or whoever would be using a mixer and XLR cords. But, you'd be simply doing the same thing but with the laptop headphone jack as the mixer and RCA cables rather than XLR.
    PM Sent...

Thanks. I was looking at photos of the input/output panel, and I wonder if I can run L+R RCA jacks to one speaker for input, and then run one XLR from the output of that speaker to the input of the other for the other channel. Or does each speaker mix L+R into a mono signal?

Otherwise I'd have to come up with a crazy 1/8" phono plug to two separate lines with RCA connectors on each... and each line would have to be 20' or so to get good separation. Unless the XLR thing will work for stereo.

I'll look into it tomorrow. That would make sense. I would assume the XLR out is line level.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Thanks. I was looking at photos of the input/output panel, and I wonder if I can run L+R RCA jacks to one speaker for input, and then run one XLR from the output of that speaker to the input of the other for the other channel. Or does each speaker mix L+R into a mono signal?

Otherwise I'd have to come up with a crazy 1/8" phono plug to two separate lines with RCA connectors on each... and each line would have to be 20' or so to get good separation. Unless the XLR thing will work for stereo.
    PM Sent...

By the way, the only reason I'm selling them is over the weekend I jumped up a major class in powered speakers to QSC K10's at $1400 a pair and they'll be at SELEM. (Should arrive tomorrow.) I wanted originally to get them in time for FLEM as for the boathouse, there is no need to drag in the big JBL's and 60 pound power amps and such any more and the two of them will fit on the front seat of the car. The amazing amount of power and sound quality in such a tiny lightweight package is astounding. That's also the same reason for the mixer upgrade. There is one that I have wanted for about 6 years and bit the bullet and got it as well so, I don't need the 1622fx. Truthfully I didn't need the one I bought either... its just been a bucket list thing and since I was getting the speakers, said what the hell get the mixer too.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    The 500 doesn't have sides, the 1000's do.
    I forget. What are the dimensions of an LT500 baseplate?
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post

Hey Hank, Yes you can run L+R RCA to one and XLR to connect the two but it will mix each down to mono. Most all of them do it that way, including the new QSC's I got today. The only way to get true stereo separation is with a mixer or... the crazy 1/8" phono plug adapter to two separate line with RCA or XLR on them, in lieu of having a mixer. (I'd go the RCA cable route.)

Edit - (Or buy the mixer I listed too. )
    PM Sent...

I'm still interested. I guess it's really no different than running individual speaker wire to each speaker. I'd make or buy an 1/8" stereo photo plug to dual XLR adapter, and then run separate XLR cables to each speaker. No mixer needed. like this:

Do you have any spare XLR extension cables to throw in?

Oh, but you also need 110v power to each as well. Hmmm..

edit: I know they're 25" high., but can you take a quick photo so I can see the size of the relative to something else?
    Last edited by HankLloydRight; 08-03-2016 at 13:58.

Best I can do... Figured this would work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2516.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	50475 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2514.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	50476
    PM Sent...