Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NWLEM IV - September 23rd-25th, 2016 - Portland, Oregon

Darn If only this was a spring time event :P. Ill make it to a west coast meet one of these days. Take lots of pictures for me.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

Got my plane ticket and two lem tickets.. me and jason are coming out again

Suppose it's time to start rebuilding. Does anybody plan to bring a fiber cleaver? It would be pretty neat to hook up the laser light sabers from Laserman532. If people have interest I will bring all the old laser gear and manuals I brought last time plus more... At least more bounce mirrors time to put them to use!

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Suppose it's time to start rebuilding. Does anybody plan to bring a fiber cleaver? It would be pretty neat to hook up the laser light sabers from Laserman532. If people have interest I will bring all the old laser gear and manuals I brought last time plus more... At least more bounce mirrors time to put them to use!

Adam
    I have a bunch of old laser show historical items I'll be bringing as well. Will update the top post here soon with some more info. Been off grid for a bit.

- Jonathan

Psyched for next weekend! I probably won't make it there until Saturday afternoon. I'll bring a little old gear to trade or sell or donate. Robin I'll bring that Dt-40 I have been promising for years.

Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    Psyched for next weekend! I probably won't make it there until Saturday afternoon. I'll bring a little old gear to trade or sell or donate. Robin I'll bring that Dt-40 I have been promising for years.
    I'll have some extra pieces to swap/sell as well. I intend to set up a proper buy/sell/trade so we can get everything in one place.

I just got an email from the venue confirming the date, etc, again, so that's all set. I was thinking about making T-Shirts for this, but the registrations, based on current attendees, are a bit close. I'll look into a last-minute option if there are a few late additions. I'm leaving a little room in the budget to cover a distro or perhaps a generator, if needed. If things work out in an ideal manner, neither will be needed and I'll have a little bit left over to donate to PL.

If anyone has any interest to put on a demo or workshop, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I just got an email from the venue confirming the date, etc, again, so that's all set. I was thinking about making T-Shirts for this, but the registrations, based on current attendees, are a bit close. I'll look into a last-minute option if there are a few late additions. I'm leaving a little room in the budget to cover a distro or perhaps a generator, if needed. If things work out in an ideal manner, neither will be needed and I'll have a little bit left over to donate to PL.
    Tshirts are great and everything but I think you are smart save it for an emergency. We can always make a tshirt after the fact.

You could make shirts after the fact with a small list of attendees on it. Late night tshirt idea workshop? hmm idk I just like the tshirt idea. I need to get another landyard for my laser etched tag. Also jason still has his iphone that we etched last year.. held up pretty good. He might also bring some small dichro squares of various colors from glassblowing

The Portland weather looks perfect this weekend. I'm currently in California where the weather would be best for swimming really..

Just a few more days!

Quote Originally Posted by 10Fenny View Post
    You could make shirts after the fact with a small list of attendees on it. Late night tshirt idea workshop? hmm idk I just like the tshirt idea. I need to get another landyard for my laser etched tag. Also jason still has his iphone that we etched last year.. held up pretty good. He might also bring some small dichro squares of various colors from glassblowing
    Not sure if anybody is bringing a co2 etcher/cutter this time, but if so we could cut out a mask and make bleach or spray paint shirts . I would not be surprised if somebody has a t-shirt press around.

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.