Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Solar Prominence lll" A new synergistic approach to Laser Lumia

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Is it calculating them or simply, mechanically generating them? I suspect this because all the patterns are axially symmetric.

The modulation depth is going to be small and smaller yet as the frequency and complexity grows. This would not be a problem for a phase effect such as a holographic display where the effect would be visible as the interference fringes were "walked through", but it might be impossible to see if you were looking to deflect the light.
    Well...yes...that is the trick bag...deflecting/reflecting the coherent light to project the sonic cymatic pattern. Generating these frequency dependent patterns is easy..vibrate some fine grained material...and nature will do some amazing visualizations...all by herself !!!
    But...How to link/connect those beautiful patterns to a projected Laser display. Dunno ? Been thinking on it. MMmmmmm...maybe we "shake'n'bake" millions of micro mirror balls...and bounce an expanded beam off the full pattern ??? Gotta be a beautifully/simple/inexpensive way ta do it !!
    Again....just some thoughts....in sync with Beam Axiom #2 HAHA CDB
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

But...How to link/connect those beautiful patterns to a projected Laser display. Dunno ? Been thinking on it. MMmmmmm...maybe we "shake'n'bake" millions of micro mirror balls...and bounce an expanded beam off the full pattern ??? Gotta be a beautifully/simple/inexpensive way ta do it !!
    Yes. Put the plate under a window. Mount a collection of shakers (basically speaker drivers-available for a few dollars from audio supply houses. We have bigger ones mounted under the chairs in front of gaming consoles.) all over the bottom of the plate, so that you are not limited to a few symmetrical modes. Cover the plate with crystals. These could be fun to optimize even mix and match sizes then expand the beams to illuminate the whole plate. A metal plate with a specular surface would be a possible approach.

http://anomet.com/aluminum/

The enhanced Al is so good I use this supplier's metal for laser pump chambers.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Yes. Put the plate under a window. Mount a collection of shakers (basically speaker drivers-available for a few dollars from audio supply houses. We have bigger ones mounted under the chairs in front of gaming consoles.) all over the bottom of the plate, so that you are not limited to a few symmetrical modes. Cover the plate with crystals. These could be fun to optimize even mix and match sizes then expand the beams to illuminate the whole plate. A metal plate with a specular surface would be a possible approach.

http://anomet.com/aluminum/

The enhanced Al is so good I use this supplier's metal for laser pump chambers.
    there's a user here from africa (sorry i don't remember his name) that was doing lumia cymatics by projecting lasers through water that he was rippling with oscillators. really beautiful stuff.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    there's a user here from africa (sorry i don't remember his name) that was doing lumia cymatics by projecting lasers through water that he was rippling with oscillators. really beautiful stuff.
    OK....Water will make a pattern...sure...and a Cymatic pattern....yes...but....how did he link the Laser projection to the surface of water...or maybe at some angle...an expanded beam will just reflect of the water top surface ???...EZ..Sleezy !! OK...and....inexpensive to experiment with !!! SD....did the fellow from Africa make a post ???
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

but....how did he link the Laser projection to the surface of water...or maybe at some angle...an expanded beam will just reflect of the water top surface ???..
    If the bottom of the water vessel had a mirror like surface as in my link above then the water acts as a lens and refracts the light. This would be lighter and probably safer than using a glass bottom to the tank and transmitting. Also, the double pass through the water might add complexity.

Eric...now THAT is simple...Thanx !!! Plain water IS the media to echo the pattern and provides the optical link !! I propose a global group experiment...as our "world wide optical lab" kick starts the " Cymatic Laser Project " ( CLP )
    When I get time(hahaha)...I will start to tinker. I imagine the AI enhanced material is not inexpensive...then...one should not need much surface area...I think !
    Add the "CLP" to my growing list of projects !! Yikes....These type of activities just prove...that a multi-million dollar lab...is not necessary to stretch the envelope of the known art. CDB
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 08-07-2016 at 06:02.