Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MARQ Lighting Haze 700/800

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I didn't get to do a full test and I had hoped with the wedding but, here is my initial observations. It puts out quite a bit of haze and yes, it can operate continuously at a low fluid setting. Possibly faster than my DF-50's. I don't think water based haze has the same level of hang time as oil based like the DF-50 so you would likely need to run it more often but, I believe you'll have more opportunity to get the paisley patterns in fans throughout an evening by using the Marq. The haze from a DF-50 eventually, and rather quickly, just blends in to where you don't get that nice paisley look after the initial hazing of the room.
    I wanted to run both via DMX and have one on each end of the stage and just run with those but, I left one at home and didn't get the Marq's profile set up in Chauvet's ShowXpress. In due time. But dude, for $206... get one. Or four. You won't be sorry.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I didn't get to do a full test and I had hoped with the wedding but, here is my initial observations. It puts out quite a bit of haze and yes, it can operate continuously at a low fluid setting. Possibly faster than my DF-50's. I don't think water based haze has the same level of hang time as oil based like the DF-50 so you would likely need to run it more often but, I believe you'll have more opportunity to get the paisley patterns in fans throughout an evening by using the Marq. The haze from a DF-50 eventually, and rather quickly, just blends in to where you don't get that nice paisley look after the initial hazing of the room.
    I wanted to run both via DMX and have one on each end of the stage and just run with those but, I left one at home and didn't get the Marq's profile set up in Chauvet's ShowXpress. In due time. But dude, for $206... get one. Or four. You won't be sorry.
    Hey Brad...is the Marq Hazer still running strong for you? I'm about to pull the trigger on one.

Yes, they've both been fine. I haven't used them an enormous amount but, they're small enough that I carry them frequently as emergency backups. Absolutely worth the couple hundred bucks for that piece of mind.
    PM Sent...

After 2 years+ on my wish list...my Wife got me one of the MarQ 800 DMX for Xmas! Been sitting outside...shooting a few beams thru the haze and testing the remote. I am really hoping to build a big structure on my property in the next year or so to store and play with my "Toys" accumulated over the years. I could put on Quite the Lightshow to thrill Myself (and the odd Other)

Congratulations Rodney! Hope you enjoy it. They're great little units. I still just keep them as backups but, they did get used for the Newton Symphony show after SELEM 10 on the steps of the historical society. I think that's the reason they were so picky about fog this PAST year. Lol.
    PM Sent...

This is a well timed post for me, Rodney. I had my ancient cheap fogger conk out on me last night during a show for some new neighbors/friends. I managed to get it to limp along the rest of the evening (it turned out to be a bad electrical connection which I rectified, but my backup fogger failed when I tested it the next day, so its time to get a new one. Seeing this post made me go out and buy the same one. Optional DMX or 3 pot control for auto are nice features for a fogger under US$200. Hopefully it won't plug up as I almost never run cleaning fluid through them.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i've been on the fence, but i think i'll take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    This is a well timed post for me, Rodney. I had my ancient cheap fogger conk out on me last night during a show for some new neighbors/friends. I managed to get it to limp along the rest of the evening (it turned out to be a bad electrical connection which I rectified, but my backup fogger failed when I tested it the next day, so its time to get a new one. Seeing this post made me go out and buy the same one. Optional DMX or 3 pot control for auto are nice features for a fogger under US$200. Hopefully it won't plug up as I almost never run cleaning fluid through them.

-David
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post

-David
    David -
    I've been thinking about adding one of these to my small studio as well -
    My older units are too big, too noisy, and increasingly unreliable.

Where did you find the MARQ 800 for such a good price?

Thanks!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I see a "club" forming. :-) I think you all will be pleased with them.

Randy... https://www.ebay.com/p/MARQ-Lighting...3807830&chn=ps
    PM Sent...

Cool -
    Thanks Brad!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....