Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pangolin Abstract laser show

Smile

Hi Ed;

Your English is just fine. (For sure it's a whole lot better than my Spanish! ) Yeah, I loved that song (Pop Music) when I was a teenager, which is why I picked it for that show. (80's music in general is really good!)

I've thought about going back to that show and improving it, but Rob (Stanwax) told me that it's always better to make a new show than to go back and edit an old one. If you focus on your past work, you never do anything new. So I've tried to stick to his advice and only move forward. (Of course, Rob has made a few dozen shows, while I've only done 6 or 7... I've got 4 different shows that I'm currently working on though!)

Adam

Thumbs up Very nice advice

Hi Adam

And thanks to you, I got the courage and made a new show and uploaded in a new thread here.
    But I find out that with QM2000 is no way to save it for QM32. So no show for my old QM32.
    So if you have time take a look, I hope you like it if not (ni modo). no translation for that.That I now, sorry.

Its a old song (70īs) "Breakthrough" from Atomic Rooster but I still like it, and I think is good for Lasers.

BTW How is your back? I hope fine.

Cheers
    Ed

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by megaton View Post
    But I find out that with QM2000 is no way to save it for QM32. So no show for my old QM32.
    Actually, you *can* make it for your QM-32, so long as you don't use any frame files that are in .lds format.

When you first start the new show, before you add anything you need to immediately save it and give it a filename with an .sho extension. Then it will save the file in QM-32 format.

But then, when you open the frame file to create the show, you must ensure that you only use .ilda or old .ldb frame files. And when you save the frame file, make sure you give the frame file the extension of .ldb That way you'll be able to load the show and the frame file in your older QM-32. (Cool, eh?)

I haven't had a chance to check out your new show yet. My projector is out of commission. But as soon as I get it working, I'll definitely check it out. I'm glad you're creating your own shows now. That's great! I hope you keep at it.

Making shows is hard at first, and a lot of people lose interest after one or two. But if you stick with it, you'll find that it gets easier, and you also get better at it as you make more shows.
    BTW How is your back? I hope fine.
    Thanks for asking. I'm doing quite well, actually. They're going to pull the staples out this coming Wednesday, and hopefully the Doc will take me off light duty shortly after that. (I'm already back to work.)

Adam