Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CLEVELEM Starter

well thank you!

Following. This would be a bit more doable for me than SELEM. I know a couple other guys in NY that might be interested.
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

OK, I've dropped my Evening Masters classes for a while, so I actually have some minimal free time... Kecked?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

It's a possibility for me, depending on dates.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroPoint View Post
    Following. This would be a bit more doable for me than SELEM. I know a couple other guys in NY that might be interested.
    I can tag along. We can split the gas given that you have a vehicle? Mine is still off the road until this summer.

I do have a truck but I'm not sure it's in the best condition for another trek to Ohio, plus that means I'd have to clean it out... lol. I'm willing to look into renting a car though. It might even work out to be cheaper since my truck only gets about 12 mpg.
    LASERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroPoint View Post
    I do have a truck but I'm not sure it's in the best condition for another trek to Ohio, plus that means I'd have to clean it out... lol. I'm willing to look into renting a car though. It might even work out to be cheaper since my truck only gets about 12 mpg.
    I can rent the car then. I might be able to get one for 25 a day. My cousin used to give me that price but we're not on talking terms right now but I think I can still get one.

see what prices you can get. just a quick look for me seems it would be about $50/day. I could probably find something better if i looked for specials and coupons.
    LASERS!!

Get me a he specs for the size room and power. No water cooling for sure. These are classrooms. My place is going to be pretty costly. I don't get a discount.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I can possibly get us space in a great big, dusty, barely heated, uncooled, poorly lit, unused warehouse in Medina cheap. Yes there is nearly unlimited 480V 3 Phase , yes, there is water, its a dungeon. Nearest
    ~
    civilization/hotel/food/Harbor Freight / Home Depot / and Walmart is 20- 25 minutes away...
    ~
    Not exactly a great place, but you could have the greatest indoor beam shows ever at a LEM... Any aircon comes from opening the bay doors.. Probably get it for 300-350$ a day... But I'd look for a better venue first. Owner
    `
    would not allow much in the way of drinking anything but water/soda, however, might get away with a few beers at lunch picnic. Building Owner is a strict Christian... We'd have to haul everything in, screen, scaffolds,
    ~
    theatrical lighting, lift cart if needed, seating, tables, power cords, fog/haze. ... There
    ~
    is a forklift, and a bike/hike trail nearby. Not much to do for any ladies who come along, unless they head North to Cleveland's museums.
    ~
    ... I've seen 24 foot box trucks turn around inside it, its big.... Did I mention the space is very large with tall ceilings? Its commercially un-rentable due to a remote location and lack of amenities, so always open.
    ~
    I do have my milling machine there... Its small town Ohio, so what happens in the building stays in the building, but smoking stuff outside or pyro, or excessive drone racing in the huge front yard might get noticed very quickly by the industrial and corporate neighbors. The adjoining space is used for a huge machine shop, they will would tolerate the fog/haze , but not any funny smells. Medina County / City of Medina is not known for its friendly Sheriff's department... In other words, it would be "Behave-Lem", More or Less a Conference, not a party! Although unlimited loudness would be possible in the afternoon and evening. The owner's minion would probably stay all day and "keep an eye on us" , but we could easily get away with KTP/CVL inside...
    ~
    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 02-21-2017 at 09:29.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...