Thread: RGB Laser driver question

Default RGB Laser driver question

Question I'm trying to make the mfg understand why changing the drivers from the nice setup on the right(pic from mfg website) with tec drivers and a second power supply to run the tec to the very cheap setup on the left(what i got sent)they told me it was to save space but the price didn't change to reflect a very big change in my opinion
    how should i deal with this and convince the mfg that the old design is much better

other than the driver switch the unit is very well built with full beam correction and i have ordered other lasers from them and they had the correct drivers with tec drivers but this is the first RGB all in one i ordered

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4w rgb driver.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	50749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGB4W (2)-400x400.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	50750

What are you judging them on? Looks and size do not define the function. They might be just fine. Did you try them out? Why do you think you need TEC? What are they driving. Just saying your expectation might be met despite the looks. I've seen some pretty ugly work do amazing things. What to do if you don't like what you got? Go to a different vendor.

well im judging it on the fact that these drivers cost $9 and do not support a tec when what i ordered i thought had tec

why do you think it would not need some sort of cooling
    really wow thats your opinion just go to a different vendor

What I'm actually trying to do is make the mfg see that selling the best product they can is their best interest