Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Ministar Laser?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    65

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    650

    Default

    I know the factory, they are no longer selling to the public

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    likely a disagreement between joost and the factory. Since it's a contractual agreement with the design or so they cannot produce the ministar because of this.
    Not sure what happened but I assume the factory did things in the production that caused returns ending up costing someone money down the line or a lot of hassle.

    I heard they weren't build to last.. or I read it in a comment at least on facebook. I never bought the thing so I cannot really confirm.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Sorry PJ, but you are wrong. The factory is still in business, no falling out, just another larger opportunity for the factory where they can not build for anyone other than their new contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    likely a disagreement between joost and the factory. Since it's a contractual agreement with the design or so they cannot produce the ministar because of this.
    Not sure what happened but I assume the factory did things in the production that caused returns ending up costing someone money down the line or a lot of hassle.

    I heard they weren't buildto last.. or I read it in a comment at least on facebook. I never bought the thing so I cannot really confirm.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rijen, NL
    Posts
    115

    Default

    I'd stay away from them if I were you. They are cheap and that's all there is about them. Warranty is unsure, you have to repair it yourself according to the website, they only offer " free" replacement items and some tips on how to do it. (WTF!)

    Beamsize varies a lot between the colors and red is a fat dude.

    If you want something that lasts and is sold wit a proper warranty, have a look at www.rgblaserbv.com for the FD Series. Proper systems, proser service, normal prices.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Wow, what an objective warning could that be, coming from a competitor seller that sells chinese stuffs as well...


    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    I'd stay away from them if I were you. They are cheap and that's all there is about them. Warranty is unsure, you have to repair it yourself according to the website, they only offer " free" replacement items and some tips on how to do it. (WTF!)

    Beamsize varies a lot between the colors and red is a fat dude.

    If you want something that lasts and is sold wit a proper warranty, have a look at www.rgblaserbv.com for the FD Series. Proper systems, proser service, normal prices.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rijen, NL
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Wow, what an objective warning could that be, coming from a competitor seller that sells chinese stuffs as well...
    Thanks sbk, well you may feel my reply is not objective, but I have seen several of these systems up close, seen various video's and pictures. Was at a meeting where some of the attendees had these with them and have stood there baffled, looking at the huge spot on the wall which, at less then 15 meters, was the size of a fist. Their beam size and divergence is off the chart.


    As for myself, yes I sell stuff manufactured in China. As it happens that same manufacturer is amongst the most appreciated manufacturers on this forum.
    I support my customers. I sell them to many happy customers who, in return, promote them to their friends who aid in getting new customers.
    I offer all systems complete with official invoice and 24 months of warranty in my own service center. No customer of mine is ever confronted with him/her having to send their system to China for repairs....

    So, you make of this what you will. The TS asked for opinions and mine is an opinion. I also suggested an alternative. Ok ?

    Have a nice weekend !

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Thanks sbk, well you may feel my reply is not objective, but I have seen several of these systems up close, seen various video's and pictures. Was at a meeting where some of the attendees had these with them and have stood there baffled, looking at the huge spot on the wall which, at less then 15 meters, was the size of a fist. Their beam size and divergence is off the chart.
    Well, this one seems a bit more factual than the previous one. But imho, as u're trying to place your own products coming from a competitor, you should come with more than just "I'd stay away from them if I were you" to be credible Like precise facts. I don't know the "size of a fist at 15 meters" unit measurement, but rather mrad Just sayin'...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rijen, NL
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Well, this one seems a bit more factual than the previous one. But imho, as u're trying to place your own products coming from a competitor, you should come with more than just "I'd stay away from them if I were you" to be credible Like precise facts. I don't know the "size of a fist at 15 meters" unit measurement, but rather mrad Just sayin'...
    Well, that's a good question as the specifications of the unit are - at best - pretty basic.

    When looking at the manufacturers website, there is no mentioning of any beam size or divergence at all. Hence the " fist" analogy



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2017-03-04 om 22.42.26.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	51839

    So even if I wanted to tell you, I can't . All I could do is do a guess and at best it would be a beam size of around 4.5 mm with a 1.5 to 2.0 divergence as this varies by per color from what I have seen.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Well, this one seems a bit more factual than the previous one. But imho, as u're trying to place your own products coming from a competitor, you should come with more than just "I'd stay away from them if I were you" to be credible Like precise facts. I don't know the "size of a fist at 15 meters" unit measurement, but rather mrad Just sayin'...
    Credible, umm yeah nope..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

    Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •