Thread: How to use ilda intensity +/- pins

Default How to use ilda intensity +/- pins

I've been trying to figure out the best way to run a full color projector and a single color projector from the same fb3 and have learned I can use the ILDA intensity pins 3 and 16 to control the single color projector. My question now is how to interface with these pins. The projector is a cheap china box that I am modifying for a special project and the pcb doesn't have any traces that I can see coming from these pins. Can I modulate the laser driver directly from these pins if I solder my own connection or does the signal need some modification before being sent to the driver?
    LASERS!!

1x Homemade 500mW 405nm Projector
    1x Homemade 1.2W RGB Projector
    1x Lightspace Color Ray Series 6W RGB
    2x Lightspace Venus 2W RGB

ZPL Lighting www.zpllighting.com

The intensity output is sum of the RGB signals.
    You can use the pin 3 (plus the common point of the ILDA connector pin 16 or pin 25 GND) to modulate your laser driver . Be aware the intensity output in most cases is TTL. (if you have FB3 e.g. )

Thanks. The single color projector is TTL but the full color projector is analog. I plan on using the analog signal to drive the TTL projector. The display quality of the single color projector is less important than the full color projector.
    LASERS!!

How is the single projector connector wired? Is the laser tied to intensity or one of the color channels? You would typically just use it as is. If it is tied to a color channel then you would go into the software and map all colors to that color channel. If it is tied to intensity then it should work as-is.

How do you wade low level colors to be handled by the single color projector? If you use the Intensity pin then even a very dim analog signal will be show full strength. If you use analog pins it will likely not appear at all. That's something to consider.

It is wired up by color. it's actually a 300mW full color projector but I am turning it into a 500mW single color projector. Wouldn't changing it in software affect the full color projector as well though since I'm only using one FB3?
    I am less concerned about the appearance of the image but a weak signal showing full strength with the intensity pins would be fine.
    LASERS!!