Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My laser is broken :'(

Laser modules inside have the model numbers 532nm: MN-G200-A, 445nm B100F-A, and 638nm: RL300-A. Does anyone know who makes these? There are no names on them. Looks like the same module is all over ebay for ~$60.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160928_184830_copy.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	50899

I opened it up and turned it on (with laser glasses on) and lasers blasted directly out the top onto the ceiling in one horizontal line. Not sure if that is normal. Slipping a piece of paper in front of the blue and red to see just green, it looked like during the random patterns it was actually working while it was on full power, but when it was modulated it was very dim. When allowed to function normally, it's obvious green is not powerful enough, all white patterns appear pink/magenta.

I did notice the fan on the back of the green module was not working. This could have caused it to fail I suppose. Would it be worth replacing just the fan to see if it did anything?

More importantly, what is the best resource for scanner tuning? I have read some other threads where people have adjusted things for specific purposes but is there any actual literature, procedure, particularly good youtube video series.. etc? It's difficult to know what is normal, and the techniques for checking and adjusting alignment.

VJ AIWAZ - I would gladly buy you a beer if you looked at my laser. PM Sent.

the Osram PLP520 diode from dtr powered at its sweet spot of around 500mA puts out about 200mW. Just something to think about if your going to do the direct diode route.
    https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...s/osram-plp520
    got pics of the inside?

I use a 120mw green diode. Works fine.