Thread: moving heads martin macs??

Default moving heads martin macs??

new to the lighting world. im currently looking for good second hand lightss. been viewing martin mac 600s and 500s any recommendations?

I like Martin Product. When new you pay for the name if second hand and well maintained its a good investment

Hmm, there's a lot of tired old lights out there now, so be careful what you're buying, even if it is from a good brand. I know people with loads of Mac2k's that are useless because the boards are fragile and parts expensive.
    How many lights do you want, what sort, and how much money have you go to spend? Presumably to have a half decent desk to run this lot off already (Avo, GrandMA, Chamsys, etc)
    If not, consider a decent budget for control as part of your purchase. No use having fancy moving heads and trying to run them off a cheap Disco controller. you really need a desk that can handle the head as a head/fixture rather than a set of discrete DMX channels.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Hmm, there's a lot of tired old lights out there now, so be careful what you're buying, even if it is from a good brand. I know people with loads of Mac2k's that are useless because the boards are fragile and parts expensive.
    How many lights do you want, what sort, and how much money have you go to spend? Presumably to have a half decent desk to run this lot off already (Avo, GrandMA, Chamsys, etc)
    If not, consider a decent budget for control as part of your purchase. No use having fancy moving heads and trying to run them off a cheap Disco controller. you really need a desk that can handle the head as a head/fixture rather than a set of discrete DMX channels.

i agree with every thing above

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post

i agree with every thing above

Another thing to note when buying old moving lights is to check the availability and cost of replacement lamps. I have often found used fixtures at a great price only to find that the lamp costs more than the fixture to replace.