Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ether Dream 2

Rolling out a big project...I want two ASAP. Can you let me know when they are available? Thanks.

Awesome work, j4cbo! The first iteration of Ether Dream was such a pleasure to work with. I totally want to order one or two of these.

Is the network protocol completely the same? I've been working on Rust bindings and a Rust Ether Dream emulator. (They're not done! Don't read the awful source, haha.) I want to keep them up to date once they're release-ready.

Are you going to visit next year's SELEM? I'd love to touch base in person. Maybe next time I'm on the west coast...
    lasers.iobrand.io • bt at brand dot io • echelon at github (has some laser projector codes in Python and Rust)

Yep, same protocol. I'll be extending the protocol to support the extra two color channels; haven't written that yet, though. And yeah, I do hope to be at next year's SELEM

Are these bad boys/girls shipping yet?

-Sal

Quote Originally Posted by discothefunkyhippo View Post
    Are these bad boys/girls shipping yet?

-Sal
    Excellent question!
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

They are! Illumn has them now and Innolasers will very soon.

Hi, great DAC update. These are in stock at innolasers.com, and I've added 'bundle' packages to help you save some $

Hey Jacob.

Thank you a lot for bringing this neat device to the market. Can only guess it's quite a hassle to develop such full feathered DAC. Impressive! I bought two of them and they seem very well built.

I'm having trouble getting the diagnostic tool to find any of the interfaces. Trough Wireshark I can see that they are sending packets to the network and also DHCP request trough my current ad-hoc connection (currently I can't test them with any router). I've tried several machines, both Win and Os X, made no difference. Any suggestions? I can provide a full Wireshark capture during the its initiation.

I was also running them individually in TD, and despite its framework it not provided by you, I'd also like to know if you have any ideas why they constantly release and activates the safety sw everytime I change focus from any node in TD?

Best regards //Twist
    Last edited by OTwist; 01-20-2017 at 16:55.

No idea if it will help you, but i just got one this week, the diagnostics saw it but said it was E-stopped. j4 had me connect it USB and copy the current firmware over to it and reboot. Fixed it right up, you may want to reflash the firmware. Also jump into the irc chat channel as he is often in there.

Quote Originally Posted by OTwist View Post
    Hey Jacob.

Thank you a lot for bringing this neat device to the market. Can only guess it's quite a hassle to develop such full feathered DAC. Impressive! I bought two of them and they seem very well built.

I'm having trouble getting the diagnostic tool to find any of the interfaces. Trough Wireshark I can see that they are sending packets to the network and also DHCP request trough my current ad-hoc connection (currently I can't test them with any router). I've tried several machines, both Win and Os X, made no difference. Any suggestions? I can provide a full Wireshark capture during the its initiation.

I was also running them individually in TD, and despite its framework it not provided by you, I'd also like to know if you have any ideas why they constantly release and activates the safety sw everytime I change focus from any node in TD?

Best regards //Twist
    leading in trailing technology

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm currently on my way to an meeting with my pillow but I'll try it tomorrow. I've visited the IRC earlier but as the only one at that time in the channel I assumed it was dead. I'll be sure to check in and see if he's got time for some quick troubleshooting.