Thread: Do older Pangolin quickshow files still work on older FB3's which now use Beyond.

Default Do older Pangolin quickshow files still work on older FB3's which now use Beyond.

Do older Pangolin Quickshow files still work on older FB3's which now are used with Beyond or Quickshow2.

ie, if a guy was using the original quickshow, then used beyond. Can he go back and still use his old Quickshow shows and effects on the same FB3 using the original Quickshow.

Last edited by andyf97; 10-12-2016 at 03:15. Reason: Gramma errors as usual.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

If they continue to save them or have them as Quickshow files then yes but, if they've been modified or saved in Beyond, then it becomes a Beyond file and Quickshow won't be able to open it. At least that's been my experience.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    If they continue to save them or have them as Quickshow files then yes but, if they've been modified or saved in Beyond, then it becomes a Beyond file and Quickshow won't be able to open it. At least that's been my experience.
    Well yes, that would be expected, Do you know if the older versions of quickshow still would work?.

All the files that i created with very early versions of QS still load and play in the latest versions of QS and beyond.

However, there are cues (also contained in the default workspace) that use some kind of timeline feature, that was abandoned. These timeline features of these cues can no longer be edited in the latest versions, but play fine.

Ohh bummer, I was thinking it would work fine to be backward compatible and all that, and to be able to update old shows.

Thankfully Microsoft have not stopped us from editing our old excel spreadsheets in newer versions of excel.

I can edit 2003 spreadsheets in 2016 excel, I can even save 2016 spreadsheets as 2003 versions of course loosing some features of the 2016 version which seams the right way things should be, but never mind it was just some thinking I had.

Thanks for answering and clarifying it.