Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Next FLEM: Jan 13th-14th, 2017. We are confirmed!

D'oh!

OK, the relativistic effects are my only hope for regaining my lost youth - or at least that's what I tell myself... When I remember to tell myself, that is.

As for the supposed side effects of certain performance-enhancing pharmaceuticals, I have no comment!

Adam

PS: Hoping for a mystery guest (and first-time FLEM attendee) to confirm his attendance soon...

Sorry guys, I definitely won't be able to make it down for FLEM this year.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Sorry guys, I definitely won't be able to make it down for FLEM this year.
    Aw... Bummer dude! Was looking forward to seeing your singing tesla coil again. Maybe next time...

Also, just a reminder for everyone: You have exactly 1 day left to book your hotel room at the Holiday Inn Express and still get the group rate. I thought the rate expired today, on the 29th, but I got a call last night from the hotel and they reminded me that it actually expires tomorrow, Dec. 30th.

They also said that as of yesterday they had ZERO reservations for the event. So either everyone has booked rooms at other hotels, or everyone has forgotten to book their room... Anyway, if you want to get in on the group rate, give them a call today before the rate expires.

I also spoke with Chris (Lazerjock) earlier this week, and he is planning to bring a very cool new toy to the meet. It's a quad-copter that is designed for aerial photography, but it has some amazing features, including *OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE*! Can't wait to see this thing in action.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Aw... Bummer dude! Was looking forward to seeing your singing tesla coil again. Maybe next time...
    Even if I could come, the Tesla coil is toast right now. I think I fried the interface board trying to upgrade it into a more protective box. The good news is that the guy who originally sold it to polishedball told me he'd try to fix it for me for free. I brought it to NELEM and it just didn't work. I think the coil itself is OK, just the driver box is DOA. It should be in good working order by SELEM though.

Also, very envious that I'll miss Chris's quad demo. Who's volunteering to be the "obstacles"?

Yes I will be bringing my newest toy called the DJI Mavic Pro.
    If you are interested here is an independent review that is quite entertaining.
    Casey is well known for his you tube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPG1Xa5Uqwo

Here is another from the same guy about the worlds largest homemade drone. This thing blew my mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyUrqZBs2XA

Chris
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 12-31-2016 at 07:14.

I have had one order for 6 weeks. Hopefully it will ship soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Yes I will be bringing my newest toy called the DJI Mavic Pro.
    If you are interested here is an independent review that is quite entertaining.
    Casey is well known for his you tube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPG1Xa5Uqwo

Here is another from the same guy about the worlds largest homemade drone. This thing blew my mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyUrqZBs2XA

Chris
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    good news is that the guy who originally sold it to polishedball told me he'd try to fix it for me for free.
    i

Pm me so we can chat
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I have had one order for 6 weeks. Hopefully it will ship soon
    Found mine on eBay from a local guy. Just drove across town to get it. Paid a little more but that's OK. I call it the impatient tax.

Thumbs up

Hey John, are you still planning to attend FLEM? Give me a call on my cell phone if you want to get together with Brad and I (and anyone else in town) the night before to hang out either in Tavares or in Orlando. (Maybe catch Blue Man Group at the River Walk in front of Universal?)

Adam

I'm going to be in Orlando area from tomorrow until the 9th... just in time to miss this!