Thread: pincushion/keystone adjustments

Default pincushion/keystone adjustments

I'm combining ILDA software generated images from LSX/Quickshow with analog synthesizer created abstracts and projecting them all through a discoscan lens. i understand that adjusting pincushion/keystoning with ILDA software like Quickshow etc is simple, but what about for analog synthesizer created laser art? is there software or audio plugins available that I could pass my XY audio through in realtime to get simple live keystone/pincushion adjustments?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by maxcady View Post
    I'm combining ILDA software generated images from LSX/Quickshow with analog synthesizer created abstracts and projecting them all through a discoscan lens. i understand that adjusting pincushion/keystoning with ILDA software like Quickshow etc is simple, but what about for analog synthesizer created laser art? is there software or audio plugins available that I could pass my XY audio through in realtime to get simple live keystone/pincushion adjustments?

Analog signals go thru a analog signal processor board called a "geometric corrector". Someone might offer you a used one if they see this thread. It works equally well for all signals, however you are adjusting up to 16 ten or twenty turn potentiometers, and every time you move the projector, you end up adjusting at least six pots. No one makes them anymore, as software UGC got added to LSX and Pangolin long ago.
    []
    If you passed your signals thru a "realtime" program, you'd need to delay the color channels while the digitization and computation are done. Thus the hardware would need 5-6 channels of matched hardware, whereas a analog UGC would have little or no measureable delay.
    []
    Going rate for a working Analog UGC not mounted in a chassis is about 80$ and for a mounted one, say 150-200$. Building one yourself, if I released the US rights to the design I purchased, is impractical. New cost was around 660$ for a assembled unit back in the day.
    []
    Keystone is almost easy, you add a bit of X to Y and a bit of Y to X, after running it thru scaling potentiometers, invert if needed, and a summing opamp.

[]
    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 11-07-2016 at 08:46.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...