Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kvant - Club Max 3000

Quote Originally Posted by Laserguy1 View Post
    Have you had any issues with the shutter closing on you for either beams or graphics?

Laserguy1
    I have noticed the shutter closing on occasion now that you mention it, i could not say weather it is graphiics or beeams specificly ( ill take note, most of the stuff i am aiming to do is custome logo genration etc for corporate work) it would seem it senses when there is very little output and shutter closes.it is something i will take up with Kvant.

Im still putting them through their paces at home and have not put it to a commercial application yet. I am not clear on the correct setting for colour TTL or Analog ( i dont want to run it in incorrect mode and cause damage)

my only complaint so far is its almost to bright to look at ( by this i mean a logo on the wall 5-6 meters away can be quite dazzling, not looking into the beam obviously) once i know analog is ok i can pull brightness down via attenuation map

i have reached out to a friend who is a foreman doing construction / repairs to a local Dam ( convention generator location) i am hoping to see how 8 degrees looks over 300-400 meters

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zerowaitstate View Post
    I have noticed the shutter closing on occasion now that you mention it, i could not say weather it is graphiics or beeams specificly ( ill take note, most of the stuff i am aiming to do is custome logo genration etc for corporate work) it would seem it senses when there is very little output and shutter closes.it is something i will take up with Kvant.

Im still putting them through their paces at home and have not put it to a commercial application yet. I am not clear on the correct setting for colour TTL or Analog ( i dont want to run it in incorrect mode and cause damage)

my only complaint so far is its almost to bright to look at ( by this i mean a logo on the wall 5-6 meters away can be quite dazzling, not looking into the beam obviously) once i know analog is ok i can pull brightness down via attenuation map

i have reached out to a friend who is a foreman doing construction / repairs to a local Dam ( convention generator location) i am hoping to see how 8 degrees looks over 300-400 meters
    Your setting should be analog, this is an analog projector.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Laserguy1 View Post
    Have you had any issues with the shutter closing on you for either beams or graphics?

Laserguy1
    I have 2 brand new Clubmax 1800's and the shutter does close on both my beams and graphics... regardless of the mode, although the mode off is way better than mode on... but it's rather anoying... especially if you stop a show you are working on, for example, with a beam being displayed... the shutter will clink on and off until you just kill the beam....

All you need to do is move a jumper inside the projector. Send us an email to request the info. We've got pictures and such, but I am writing from home, so...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I have the same issue on my CM1800 and as I only use if for graphics, I can only say yes it happens with graphics. Mainly the older planetarium stuff. Rapid fire loud clunking in the middle of a show is worse than even the whirr of fans in a quiet passage. I wish Kvant had taken a lesson from Lightspace and utilized a galvo, rather than an actuator for their shutter.
    I'll e-mail Pango to ask about this jumper. Thanks Bill!
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    All you need to do is move a jumper inside the projector. Send us an email to request the info. We've got pictures and such, but I am writing from home, so...
    Thank you Bill. I'll send an email over to Aaron to get the instructions..

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I have the same issue on my CM1800 and as I only use if for graphics, I can only say yes it happens with graphics. Mainly the older planetarium stuff. Rapid fire loud clunking in the middle of a show is worse than even the whirr of fans in a quiet passage. I wish Kvant had taken a lesson from Lightspace and utilized a galvo, rather than an actuator for their shutter.
    I'll e-mail Pango to ask about this jumper. Thanks Bill!
    Using a galvo means the thing isn't fail safe... The VRAD506 is the best option in my oppinion..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Hi guys,

we know about this so called "bug". It happens when the converter's sample rate equals to refresh rate of the effect drawn (this happens very rarely). The easiest way to solve this is to either change the scan rate of the effect or change the number of points of the effect.
    New 2017 model will have this eliminated.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
    Hi guys,

we know about this so called "bug". It happens when the converter's sample rate equals to refresh rate of the effect drawn (this happens very rarely). The easiest way to solve this is to either change the scan rate of the effect or change the number of points of the effect.
    New 2017 model will have this eliminated.
    this will kill some of my abstracts. a better solution would be for you to provide a retroactive fix for your projectors.

i was not told about this known issue when i purchased my kvant.
    Last edited by swamidog; 11-21-2016 at 09:57.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Nor do I think I can change the number of points or scan speed of something effectively being played in an ADAT 8 channel wav format. I still need to check into this jumper solution - just haven had a chance yet.
    PM Sent...