Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kvant - Club Max 3000

Red face Kvant - Club Max 3000

I was recently at LDI conference in Las vegas, and managed to pick up 2 x clubmax 3000 projectors.

These units have been around for some time now.

All i can say is WOW !

After a few home builds and some Chinese projectors, over the last decade. All i can say is these units are are in another realm, as far as optical and build quality goes. The industry experience, & engineering is self evident.

Once you have used the Kvant product i think it would be very difficult to go back to inferior product.

I love the 506 scanners. I am hoping next week to get the units into a big enclosed area and put them through their paces. Pics to follow

Ahh, someone else has discovered Heaven and seen the light and it is good... Yes, this is all I use now, never had a problem!!! These are the best projectors on the market IMHO. We have been using these and the older Atoms daily for many years and several in planetariums- used everyday every hour, zero downtime. They have a better beam than the old gas laser we used and MUCH better colors. We too did the Chinese laser things- never again. I even built and certified my own projector, it was not as good as these. They are built like a tank, very very high quality. In this intense environment, we get about a month out of any DT, PT scanners and even had Cambridge go belly up. I also cannot say enough about the Pangolin 506 scanners in these tanks. WOW, what a combo of artillery. We have enough to worry about in show programming and the environment. The last I want to worry about is the quality of my projector. My customers are happy to, when I upgraded them to the Clubmax series, my boss and Planetarium manager wanted to re-mortgage his house and get like 10 of these right then and there. When my customers are happy, my bank account is happy and I am happy- nuff said.

Mark,
    IMAGE Lasers

I was considering upgrading from a Pluto II to one of these. Great to see the positive reviews, I'd love to see some pics.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by bungy View Post
    I was considering upgrading from a Pluto II to one of these. Great to see the positive reviews, I'd love to see some pics.
    in my experience, kvant has much better galvos and color modulation than lightspace. they're also about twice the price and some have an issue with the built in safety scan board that causes the shutter to sometimes close when you're still scanning images.

i spoke to both bill and justin about it @ ILDA and they said it's a known issue.
    Last edited by swamidog; 11-13-2016 at 16:38.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

We are running 6 of these around the clock and not had one issue with them. There are different modes to set on the back for the scan fail. Make sure you select the correct one and it works fine. Select the wrong one and yeah it will do this.

i spent quite a lot of time jiggling modes on the ones i worked with at ilda. neither mode corrected the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserguy1 View Post
    We are running 6 of these around the clock and not had one issue with them. There are different modes to set on the back for the scan fail. Make sure you select the correct one and it works fine. Select the wrong one and yeah it will do this.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zerowaitstate View Post
    I was recently at LDI conference in Las vegas, and managed to pick up 2 x clubmax 3000 projectors.
    These units have been around for some time now.
    All i can say is WOW !
    After a few home builds and some Chinese projectors, over the last decade. All i can say is these units are are in another realm, as far as optical and build quality goes. The industry experience, & engineering is self evident.
    Once you have used the Kvant product i think it would be very difficult to go back to inferior product.
    I love the 506 scanners. I am hoping next week to get the units into a big enclosed area and put them through their paces. Pics to follow

Have you had any issues with the shutter closing on you for either beams or graphics?

Laserguy1

Have you had any issues with the shutter closing on you for either beams or graphics?

Laserguy1
    yes with abstracts. i don't do beams and graphics.

Ahh, someone else has discovered Heaven ......my bank account is happy and I am happy- nuff said..Mark, IMAGE Lasers
    Hi Mark.....I was wondering where you had got to, (still avoiding black helicopters?) ...... when you get around to selling a used experimental set of Pango Saturns with big mirrors, please drop me a PM.

I am currently light years from heaven, but you never know ....good shit also happens!

Cheers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post

Hi Mark.....I was wondering where you had got to, (still avoiding black helicopters?) ...... when you get around to selling a used experimental set of Pango Saturns with big mirrors, please drop me a PM.

I am currently light years from heaven, but you never know ....good shit also happens!

Cheers
    LOL, nah, been right here all the time, The black helicopters found me, we made friends and they went away. :-)