Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Laser Vision

Quote Originally Posted by clickamouse View Post
    Wow! Could you please post some pix/vids of what this looks like?
    For now, if you go to my website at http://www.spaghettilasershow.com you will see a screen shot in the slider. It's hard to tell much from it but it will give you an idea until I can some better screenshots and videos.

Question, does this "laser vision" feature allow to choose a window/screen area to trace from, or just loading images as files and using the webcam? If not, I think you should consider.
    Still would prefer MIDI input support first personally.

Yes, you can select a region of the desktop by simply dragging a rectangle around the region of interest. So, you can load up a YouTube video, drag a rectangle around it, and away you go.

I'm pretty much done with the video feature for now. Going to work on the live control mode some next. Do you have a midi controller? I could use some help with testing since I dont have one of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Going to work on the live control mode some next. Do you have a midi controller? I could use some help with testing since I dont have one of my own.
    Yes, I do.
    Akai MPK Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    Yes, I do.
    Akai MPK Mini
    Great. It should be fun getting it to work with Spaghetti.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Great. It should be fun getting it to work with Spaghetti.
    If you add a "MIDI learn" feature like VJ-ing software (for controlling video projectors and LED walls) and music production software (FL Studio, Ableton Live) have, it would be simple to get any MIDI controller working with the program.
    It works this way, you activate "MIDI Learn" mode with a button, then whatever GUI element you want to be midi controllable changes color or gets highlighted somehow when you click on it in this "Midi Learn" mode, then all you need to do as a user is move a slider, rotate a knob or press a button/pad on the midi controller and the program will detect which midi channel was triggered and assign it to the gui element.

Another option is checking the midi channel of the midi button/knob/slider with another program and inputting its number in a table inside the program. I find this method too slow.

And then all you need to add is a save/load midi mapping preset file so the user won't need to set up his specific controller or specific midi control layout each time for each new project.

That's how I use Resolume (the video mapping program) and music production programs with my MPK Mini. It's not the best controller for this but I got it for music production purposes and someone was selling it used for very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    If you add a "MIDI learn" feature like VJ-ing software (for controlling video projectors and LED walls) and music production software (FL Studio, Ableton Live) have, it would be simple to get any MIDI controller working with the program.
    It works this way, you activate "MIDI Learn" mode with a button, then whatever GUI element you want to be midi controllable changes color or gets highlighted somehow when you click on it in this "Midi Learn" mode, then all you need to do as a user is move a slider, rotate a knob or press a button/pad on the midi controller and the program will detect which midi channel was triggered and assign it to the gui element.

Another option is checking the midi channel of the midi button/knob/slider with another program and inputting its number in a table inside the program. I find this method too slow.

And then all you need to add is a save/load midi mapping preset file so the user won't need to set up his specific controller or specific midi control layout each time for each new project.

That's how I use Resolume (the video mapping program) and music production programs with my MPK Mini. It's not the best controller for this but I got it for music production purposes and someone was selling it used for very cheap.
    Thanks for the ideas. All of the above sound like must-haves so that's what I will shoot for.

Tell you what, with Skype I can share my PC screen and show exactly how Resolume does it, that would give you the best idea.

Tested the webcam, and I am rather impressed.
    Also tested the screen capture function. Nice. As a test i found one of the old La Lina animations from my childhood on the tube. I see that a "Centerline" filter/option would have been nice as well. La Lina result i double lines for all the drawings.
    Unfortunately all my Riya dac`s are unavailable for the moment, so i can`t test on a projector to see the actual output.

Next question would also be if the frames from this tool are "recordable" as an animated ILDA File. For me it seems it is just direct output.

Spaghetti has been a really good tool for quite some time, and this new tool brings it up another step. Really good work YohnYayas. :-)

Espen
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    Tested the webcam, and I am rather impressed.
    Also tested the screen capture function. Nice. As a test i found one of the old La Lina animations from my childhood on the tube. I see that a "Centerline" filter/option would have been nice as well. La Lina result i double lines for all the drawings.
    Unfortunately all my Riya dac`s are unavailable for the moment, so i can`t test on a projector to see the actual output.

Next question would also be if the frames from this tool are "recordable" as an animated ILDA File. For me it seems it is just direct output.

Spaghetti has been a really good tool for quite some time, and this new tool brings it up another step. Really good work YohnYayas. :-)

Espen
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Can you provide a link to one of the La Lina animations that you are referring? I have an idea for handling centerline but I'd need to see the video you are talking about to know if my idea would be helpful in that case.

Currently, there is no way to record or export the frames. It will not be hard to add that feature and is something I planned to do but I wanted to go ahead and release what I had since the development dragged on longer than I had hoped. I have some other plans for vision mode as well that I think will be nice.