Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Guys! Check out my tiny one!

I'm reasonably sure he'll have SEVERAL home-built projectors on display for SELEM this year, Chris! Remember that the ENTIRE cafeteria will be open for people to display their home-made projects, whether they're laser-related or not. So, yeah, I expect we'll see lots of cool stuff in there.

With regard to making this projector even smaller, about the only thing I can think of would be to remove the power supply and make it external. Something like a laptop brick PSU... But that's kinda cheating in my book.

Adam

Yeah, Chris, Adam is correct. As of now, I expect to bring this ultra-portable projector, the dual RGB/Glow-in-the-dark projector, my Saturn 1b graphics projector and a couple others. How about you? Are you bringing the plane or the race car??

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    With regard to making this projector even smaller, about the only thing I can think of would be to remove the power supply and make it external. Something like a laptop brick PSU... But that's kinda cheating in my book.
    Yup, already done. Specifically, it runs off a 12V Lion battery with built in charger. I haven't run it from full charge all the way down, so I don't know how long it can run, but I expect its an hour or two based on the lack of discharge the battery displayed during testing. It would pair well with a laptop and a USB powered DAC.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Yeah, Chris, Adam is correct. As of now, I expect to bring this ultra-portable projector, the dual RGB/Glow-in-the-dark projector, my Saturn 1b graphics projector and a couple others. How about you? Are you bringing the plane or the race car??
    I plan to fly if the weather will let me otherwise I will drive "the Race Car" as you put it. Lol
    My dad is driving to Myrtle Beach and plans to come to SELEM for the final 2 days. I will fly to Myrtle Beach and pick him up Friday and drop him off Sunday morning.

I tried using a 266nm laser for projection but could not find mirrors that worked. Would have been cool like a ghost.

I saw where the 506's were in the neighborhood of around $450... And at last check, they were sold out... But still, pretty impressive...

Thanks VOD! I'd reach out to X-Laser and see what the lead time is for the 506's restock if you are interested in a set. I think the lead time for all of the materials is only a couple weeks, so I wouldn't imagine that they would be out of stock for long.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I tried using a 266nm laser for projection but could not find mirrors that worked. Would have been cool like a ghost.
    I wonder if this 266nm can excite strontium aluminate. The difference between 450nm and 405nm is significant (mw for mw, of course), but 266nm is WAY down the spectrum. For my IR/405nm builds I was losing most of the IR through standard galvo mirrors, but Pangolin put in a set of silvered mirrors on a set of Compact 506's for me and that did the trick. The 405nm losses weren't bad with the stock mirrors as I recall.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    I saw where the 506's were in the neighborhood of around $450... And at last check, they were sold out... But still, pretty impressive...
    In stock now, sorry the website isn't the greatest when it comes to inventory. We're shooting to launch the new one in October.

Fine! Good job.
    Last edited by acheter; 01-22-2018 at 11:46.

David, one word.....GOAL!!