Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goldenstar collimator lenses?

Naaah, not much effort, this is the purpose on the forum, to share knowledge, isn't it? I just would like to improve my english however!
    About beam specs...tons of fakes outhere, so again, grab one diode and measure by yourself:
    http://www.pseudonomen.com/lasers/ca...alculator.html
    Yes, sealed top is the way to go IMO, with heatsink and fans below. Lasershowparts also provides copper hosts for 9mm diodes, which is good for a more efficient heat transfer.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by jors; 03-11-2017 at 22:34.
    Jordi Luque

AtenLaser.com
    Barcelona

"Let there be light"

Nothing wrong with your english. Better than my Spanish. ;-)
    I'm still confused how companys like Kvant or Swislass are claiming >0.8 Mrad at 3.5/4mm if to get >1 Mrad the red needs to be 5mm.
    Not sure getting a diode to test will help much if i don't know the reality of what i am comparing it to. Will need to do some more research to try and find out what sort of correction the manufacturers i'm looking at are using.
    One of my next questions was how to measure the divergance so that link sorts that question out. :-)
    What thickness base plate would i need?

Thanks
    Well, no fakes here. They combine several single mode red diodes. These are low power diodes (120-180mW) but with good beam profile. You can get 0,8/1/1,2mrad (depending on collimator) right from diode (no 'extra' correction required),
    and because of beam is also smaller than mits500mW or Oclaro700mW (multimode diodes), you can stack/knife edge several into those beam specs.

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...le-mode-diodes
    https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...0631ia2g-185mw

So, for 1W red for example:
    -You can combine 6-8 single mode diodes. Search here for 'knife edge' to find how they do that
    -Or combine two Mits running at their nominal specs. (+ cylindricals)
    -Or just one Mits at 1,1A (0verdrived) (+cylindricals)
    As an starting point I advice you on the 3rd option, one single multimode red diode. Just keep the diode cool. Then you can upscale to more complex setups on your next builds.
    Baseplate: If you go with the small 'cubes' diode hosts, 10mm thick alu baseplate is enought. You could build this setup on a 250x250x10mm ALU for example and attach a 250x250x40 heatsink (with fins) below with some fans.

Quote Originally Posted by VMH2 View Post
    Nothing wrong with your english. Better than my Spanish. ;-)
    I'm still confused how companys like Kvant or Swislass are claiming >0.8 Mrad at 3.5/4mm if to get >1 Mrad the red needs to be 5mm.
    Not sure getting a diode to test will help much if i don't know the reality of what i am comparing it to. Will need to do some more research to try and find out what sort of correction the manufacturers i'm looking at are using.
    One of my next questions was how to measure the divergance so that link sorts that question out. :-)
    What thickness base plate would i need?
    Last edited by jors; 03-13-2017 at 01:12.

Yea. not sure i want to get into Knife edging 8 diodes quite yet. ;-)
    What is the benefit of running the diode at 1.1a?