Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test

Default NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test

Hey All,

NUBM07E TEST

Here is a Power,Wavelength and a couple beam shots of the New 465nm NUBM07 Laser diode.

This is an Awesome diode with the highest wavelength we have seen so far stable with the highest power. I'd say its a "Sky Blue" diode running it at the Max Current that we typically run diodes at today. These Peak Higher then the 462nm diodes thats for sure.

This diode hits 470nm No problem. I bet we may even see some get closer to 480nm Before roll back.

Its Rated for 2.3A at 2.9W with MAX current of 3.5A

Pictures:

Here is the Datasheet:

The back of the diode. It says 465 on it. (The diode was scratched when i got it like that but you can still make it out so its for sure a new diode we have never seen before)

Beam Specs compared to the NUBM41/44/05T:

Beam size near field is ~1.85mm x 3.2mm for the NUBM07E @ 3.5A. This measurement was taken at 9"-10" from the actual G-lens. I used a dichroic mirror that passes the blue @ a 45 and measured the back reflection waste beam that comes off it. Please take into account some error on this measurement. Say Up to +/-0.1mm or so. The image above is not spatial filtered. But just regular beams with G lenses. As you can see much better.

Power Tests are done with a G lens.

Heres a Graph for those that want to skip the images:

Threshold:

Nearly 5W of 470nm+ Clean. Epic.

It is to be noted that the power test was done at a more realistic temp of ~30C-40C which is without cooling. If you are curious at 25C expect ~500mW more power in the images.

Wavelength charts:

Recommended Typical Current:

Recommend MAX Current:

Right before Role back at this Temp:

Right after roll back if your willing to push it for Higher WL with risk of diode damage:

Again it is to be Noted and payed attention that the ROLLBACK will be at a different point if your diode is at a different Temp then what i show. Pretty much anything above 5A is not recommended IMO and with 4.5A being the MAX... The typical roll back i noticed is around 5.5A-5.8A at 25C. I do know that at least for this diode it wont die up to 5.8A... Past that i do not know. Dint want to push it until i get more diodes in.

Here are a couple Quick Videos:

^With a Glimpse of the next diode i will be posting.

All in all this is a World Breaking diode. 470nm+ with a tighter beam profile then the other NUBMXX diodes give is Just plain awesome. With the Higher Wavelength that these give at a much higher power then the 462nm diodes its just something we have not seen yet. These are as close as we got to 473nm diodes and id say we are kissing right at the edge.

These are Not only brighter but also tighter beam then what we have seen in 3W+ diodes. So i think these would be a Great blue "sky blue?" addition for combining and maybe even a better option. What i can say is these are a much sharper line/dot then the other NUBMXX diodes and ill try to show that later. Very Similar to M140.... Ill be correcting this beam a little later and will post an update. I got too many different new diodes in all at once "like 8" to test and just been overloaded with all of them so ive been a little slow in posting. So the more intense beam testing has been lagging but iam getting there.

More to come...

Cheers

Edit: i think i put this in the wrong Section. should be in "Lasers, All Kinds" i think. If someone wants to move it.

Thanks For Looking.!!!

Keep on Lazing.....
    Last edited by Lazeerer; 07-25-2015 at 13:50.

Seems a promising diode! Thanks for sharing.

But for the SAKE OF GOD, for the power vs current, why are you (not only you but also DTR and possibly other ones) insist keeping posting LOTS of pictures? Don't have you Excel and could make a simple graphic which will show us all the informations at a glance, with the benefit to show also the derating curve AND to save disk space AND to save bandwidth AND to save you time from uploading that shitload of pictures? Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    But for the SAKE OF GOD, for the power vs current, why are you (not only you but also DTR and possibly other ones) insist keeping posting LOTS of pictures? ...snip
    Or maybe a scrollable inset would be nice. I don't mind a lot of pictures though. They are always nice to look at.

Seems that this diode will need a bit of beam shaping... cylindrical telescope and some spatial filtering. Still, with this kind of power available, there is plenty to spare. Love the color! How accurate is the color in the pictures vs. in person? I know digital cameras render single wavelengths differently from camera to camera.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

All this different "NUB" nomenclature is throwing me off.

Can someone explain the differences between:

NUBM41, NUMB44, NUBM45T

Would you say the spot (using the same collimator lens) from this new NUBM07Eis is the same width as the NDB7A75?

thx -woody

NUB...." ....dream, aye there's the rub "...well known french playwrite "Guilleme JaquesPierre"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinking2.gif 
Views:	1151 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	47824 Reckon maybe just the colour! (= limey 4 color).
    But that liteblu looks really BRIGHT! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boing.gif 
Views:	1140 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	47825
    I wont wun!

Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 07-20-2015 at 16:17. Reason: tired zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I thought this diode had the huge divergence and emitter size. is this different than the one that planters and DTR tested?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind.. found the NUBM44 is the one DTR tested.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Seems a promising diode! Thanks for sharing.

But for the SAKE OF GOD, for the power vs current, why are you (not only you but also DTR and possibly other ones) insist keeping posting LOTS of pictures? Don't have you Excel and could make a simple graphic which will show us all the informations at a glance, with the benefit to show also the derating curve AND to save disk space AND to save bandwidth AND to save you time from uploading that shitload of pictures? Just sayin...
    I hear you on the images. I find though that most people want to actually see the live shots then a graph. This is how i always done it for years. I like to take the pictures and i too like to see pictures aswell and it takes no time at all to do them but i understand what your saying. I think for the most part, people see a simple thread with just a graph and no one gets into it. Even though its the same thing. Maybe we can skip and do 300mA next time on these high current diodes. Luckily i dint go for 100mA.haha

None the less here you go: But i still like my pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Or maybe a scrollable inset would be nice. I don't mind a lot of pictures though. They are always nice to look at.

Seems that this diode will need a bit of beam shaping... cylindrical telescope and some spatial filtering. Still, with this kind of power available, there is plenty to spare. Love the color! How accurate is the color in the pictures vs. in person? I know digital cameras render single wavelengths differently from camera to camera.
    Cylindrical lenses is what i think. I don't think Prisms will be enough without getting to fat of a beam at the aperture. The beam is much sharper then 41/44/05T diodes so we wont loose much with spatial filtering. The beam compresses into a line fairly good rather then a few lines and garbage all around it.

As for the Image color. No not accurate sorry. The cam i used makes blue have that purple violet tone to it. Ill use another cam tonight for some beam shots to see if i can capture it better.

It depends where you plain on running the diode though. Since this diode falls into both the middle and the beginning of a color and color change it all depends where you will run it what "color tone" you will see.

There is 3 color changes from 465nm to 473nm IMO

If you have played around with the 462nm diodes then expect similar color to this until you get to ~2.5A or higher with the NDBM07E. Then you will be past what the 462nm diodes can do safely in WL.

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    All this different "NUB" nomenclature is throwing me off.

Can someone explain the differences between:

NUBM41, NUMB44, NUBM45T

Would you say the spot (using the same collimator lens) from this new NUBM07Eis is the same width as the NDB7A75?

thx -woody
    There is alot of Controversy or rather no understanding between NUBM41, NUMB44, NUBM05T. I have not done a side by side yet on all of them to be able to tell you the difference.

It seems that the Beam is the Same on the 41,44 & 05T. Don't quote me. I need to test this side by side much clearly then i have but from what i remember the beams are the exact same. Ill check tonight this quickly if i don't come home from work super late.

As for the NDB7A75. The 7A75 at 28 feet is 55mm x ~4.6mm. The NDBM07E are 65mm x 3.1mm . (With G lens on both diodes running @ 3.5A)

The Beam is sharper then the 7A75. The NDBM07E is more of just one Line and all the power is in that one line compared to what you get with the 7A75 which is like a couple lines and then one or 2 more smaller lines around those which the power is all mixed in to all those line to make one "beam/dot" so when spatial filtering you loose more power... If that makes sense. The 41 and 44 are just like that but larger in size

Glad you mentioned that as i dint even think to check against the 7A75 diode.

I am gonna have to have one of these! Dtr said the stock lens basically emits flashlight. I'm curious... Does the spot focus at any distance with the stock lens? i would like to try and correct the diode after the stock lens. Eliminating the possibility of contamination on the die by removing it. Think its possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeerer View Post
    I hear you on the images. I find though that most people want to actually see the live shots then a graph. This is how i always done it for years. I like to take the pictures and i too like to see pictures aswell and it takes no time at all to do them but i understand what your saying. I think for the most part, people see a simple thread with just a graph and no one gets into it. Even though its the same thing. Maybe we can skip and do 300mA next time on these high current diodes. Luckily i dint go for 100mA.haha

None the less here you go: But i still like my pictures.

Thank you so much man

For me at least a graph is saying so much more than pictures, you can clearly and quicly see the curve knee, where it starts to decline, deduce the optimal running current, etc. Without scrolling back and forth

Of course pictures are always mandatory, but rather near/far field, spectrometer screenshots, etc, just like you did

I am very interested in the beam characteristics. You suggest that the central stripe is more dominant with this diode and that would indeed make spatial filtering less wasteful. The fast axis divergence is surprising. You describe it as 1/3 the width in the far field when compared to the 44 series. That is a very large difference. A somewhat tighter slow axis is good as well because it is this axis that limits the far field performance.

Where did you get this diode?