Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2017 Sign up thread

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Do you really think there'd be much interest?
    not really, but i want to feel included
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Do you really think there'd be much interest?
    Personally, I find Swamidog's LSX chats depressing . . . not because they aren't great, but because he makes it look so easy and I just don't get the same end results.

-David

<Edit> And your participation was assumed, Swamidog.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

all i do is mash buttons until pretty light comes out...

there, i saved you some scheduling time

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Personally, I find Swamidog's LSX chats depressing . . . not because they aren't great, but because he makes it look so easy and I just don't get the same end results.

-David

<Edit> And your participation was assumed, Swamidog.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I saw in the laser & lattes post that there may be a schedule forming? Is it posted somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I saw in the laser & lattes post that there may be a schedule forming? Is it posted somewhere?
    Hey Chris!

Adam B. and I will be working on the overall presentation schedule later today. I expect the laser and lattes sub-schedule will have some early sign-ups (like Adam R, you, me, etc.) and some open slots for those that don't know what they will be bringing. If you have a specific day you (or anyone) want to do your L&L chat, just let me know by PM.

Cheers!

-David

Just a quick note... David is putting together the final schedule, but in the mean time I wanted to make a couple announcements that should please everyone.

First: Setup hours on Tuesday have been officially extended! We have the venue from 10 AM until 9 PM if we need it. We don't have to stay that late, but if we're running behind and need to stick around (or even come back after a shortened dinner), we have the option to be in there until 9 PM. This should help out a lot with the 3-phase ion stuff.

Second: Friday and Saturday nights are officially extended until 2 AM! We've typically requested this on an ad-hoc basis in past years and passed a "tip jar" around in an effort to bribe our babysitter so we could stay late. Well, this year we just built that extra time right into the budget! So we're good to go for Pink Floyd in the Auditorium from Midnight until 2 AM both nights. (And Club-SELEM will also be in full swing until 2 AM for those last 2 nights, although we *must* keep the volume down this year so we don't get the police involved like last year...)

One other item - we need better housekeeping around the school grounds. We got fined last year for leaving beer bottles and cigarette butts on the ground (mostly near the gym, but also around the loading dock). This year they even threatened to charge us a clean-up deposit in advance. We're OK for now, but I need everyone to be very mindful of what gets left on the ground around the school and the parking lot this year so we don't cause any more friction between our event and the school system.

David Kumpula should have the official schedule available later this week. Also note that if people have shows they want to run that are not on the schedule, we still have lots of open time in the afternoons. Currently we just put the same shows in those time slots that we had scheduled last year. This was done so we could fill up the schedule, but it's trivial to swap out new content for some of those older shows if someone has content they want to run.

Just about 1 month to go now... Can't wait!

Adam

Sounds great Buffo!

A few things:

1. Tables in the caferteria. Last year there was some contention over table space in the caferteria, does venue have those? Maybe a reservation system might be ideal also. Last time I asked in advance, brought my own, but not sure I'm bringing back the same hardware so this isn't asking for me just trying to fix an issue I saw.

2. Chat system coming back? That was useful. What was it called again?

3. If there is a web based signage thing that might be useful, where a few computers can show it on LCD pulling via web (caferteria/main bldg/gym) and hopefully pick up any changes in schedule that are made on the hosted server? I haven't looked in this space in a while.

4. Another thread for hardware offered for event / buy-sell-swap wanted?

I keep thinking I can't come up with anything to contribute, but I might have one. Would anyone be interested in a presentation about free Linux software that allows you to route lighting protocols? A free way to go from ArtNet (DMX-512 over ethernet) or 1.31N Streaming ACN over to physical DMX-512, Color Kinetics KiNet and other protocols? You can build an endpoint with a Pi and a $5 dongle for a sub $60 ArtNet to DMX512/others.

Re: 3 phase ion stuff - is space in the ion tinkering room typically a free for all? I recently acquired a 6W Innova 90 argon with only 840 hours on it (from craigslist of all places!) that appears to be gas intact and in pretty good shape, and I'd love to test it out assuming I can find some cables for it in time.

I also picked up a Fluke scopemeter at a NASA auction a few weeks ago that I will bring and have available for anyone who might need it for repairs/troubleshooting.

Please find the first draft of the SELEM 11 Presentation schedule in this newly posted thread: https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...236#post338236

Thanks to everyone who suggested presentations and volunteered to take their time to share their knowledge with the rest of us!

-David