Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 minute understand DT50

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    I mean, the words

Kind of implies that it can scan a 5mm beam through 85 degrees...

See when I spec a mirror set, 4.5mm at 60 degrees, it will move a 4.5mm beam through a full 60 degrees optical without any losses. If I say 10mm at 40 degrees, it will scan a full 10mm beam through a full 40 degrees without any losses. Thats how to accurately spec something, and the honest way as well.

But maybe instead I should just call it a 10mm 100 degrees mirror set, im sure some part of the mirror will capture some part of the beam... seems to be the logic being used here.

I digress.
    Count some time ≠ asmatteroffact
    Customer need larger scann angle for they are 5mm beam laser,they enjoy the DT50W that is fine.
    http://dtscanner.cn/en/homeen

DT-40pro scanner
    DT45/50 scanner

Good luck with the sales.
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dt50.PNG 
Views:	48 
Size:	340.5 KB 
ID:	51930

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dt50w.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	361.7 KB 
ID:	51931

This is what a 5mm beam looks like projected through this mirror set, at 85 degrees optical, both extremes, for anyone curious

(Obviously not these scanners, but the beam and mirrors are accurate)
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Hey Ryan,
    Could you CAD model the DT50BB and see the max angle you could get from those mirrors?
    Thanks!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Hey Ryan,
    Could you CAD model the DT50BB and see the max angle you could get from those mirrors?
    Thanks!
    Rick
    Hi Rick,

what beam diameter do you want me to use?
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Hi Ryan,
    10 mm beam diameter. And it is more square than round at the scanner aperture.
    Thanks!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    ........I digress.
    Sorry but so do I !

Cheers

I've pretty much had it with Pangolin bullying their competitors on an internet forum. What company anywhere else does that? Anyone who has the skill level to build a projector knows scanner spillage isn't the end of the world.
    We get it, your data is more accurate. We get it, their data is not. Marketing is marketing. If they stole your patented design or something, just get to the point, if not and if you genuinely just want to help post your diagrams showing the spillage amount and move on.
    In the end if it works for us the consumers, it works. We are not mechanical engineers here building highly accurate scientific machinery, most of us couldn't care less about the low level technical info. We need something that gets the job done and move on to our next project and frankly DT, PT, Goldenstar, IM get the job done while Pangolin asks for the same cost of the scanners for the scanner amps to be calibrated by another company and only then shipped to you. It's been years now, how about finally offering a complete scanner+amp kit already instead of wasting time criticizing competitors?
    This is coming from someone who has used 506 and other of your products.

Honestly, it feels like Steve Jobs is complaining in an Android forum.

Ill never be able to wrap my head around why I'm always the bad guy for wanting people to post honest specs for their products. Have I ever said a single thing about Cambridge? Nutfield? No, because they make a top notch product, and spec it fairly and honestly. That's all I ask of manufacturers.

You're not in our office every day when we receive 3 to 5 calls a day from people calling and complaining Quickshow isn't working right. We Ask what's wrong? They say the image is flickering and the FB3 must be bad. Nope, just another cheap Chinese laser. "But it must be the Quickshow the seller told me it can do 50k". Yeah, at 2 degrees... Maybe. Or you just downright got lied to.

I'll never claim that we or our products are perfect. But I'll always continue to stand up for the industry I work in every day as I have passion for it, and demand accurate specs and advertising.

Maybe I will add a disclaimer to all of my posts..
    THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE MINE AND NOT THOSE OF MY EMPLOYER

As for complete scanner and amp kit, anyone considered the idea that we have our own reasons for not wanting to offer one at this time? Literally... Every single scanner that leaves our office is bought and paid for before it is even made, operating at 100% capacity (maybe more). This is without a C506 driver! We don't need a driver to sell more of these things than we can make! And literally thousands ship every month... Something like 2000pcs are expected to ship this month, without a driver.

The Saturn series of course comes with a complete turnkey solution. However, our production line has been completed bought and paid for by a few companies. (80 percent of Saturns are used industrially and not in laser light shows). So, they're not being offered to the general public as a system right now. Best and fastest way to get your hands on one is buy a Kvant projector with them already built in and tuned and ready to go

Anyways, done highjacking. To the OP, please just post accurate specs about what the scanners can really do. No need to exaggerate or tell part truths - people will still buy the scanners. If you need help with this, please let me know, I would be more than willing to assist, and on my own time too. To Rick, I will mock that scenario up tomorrow.

I swear some of y'all though... If you bought and paid for a 2000 sq foot house and the builder only built 1500, you would say "oh who really needs that space we paid for anyways"

Buy a V8 truck and the dealer gives you a V6... Who needs those two cylinders anyways.

Buy a TV that says 50" on the box and you open it and it's 42”... Who needs those extra inches anyways?.... I'll leave that one open

Buy a bag of chips and you open it and it's half full of air... Ok bad example that happens every day

Buy get my point? Why's it so OK if scanner companies do it? If Pangolin did it we would have people chase us out of town with torches and pitchforks...

Moving forward, my 3mm aperture mirror set is now 5mm. 5mm is now 8mm. And my 10mm is now 15mm. Oh and all at 85 degrees too. Spillage isn't the end of the world.

THE COMMENTS AND OPINIONS ABOVE ARE MY OWN AND NOT THAT OF MY EMPLOYER