Thread: DT 40 Disrespect for customers

Angry DT 40 Disrespect for customers

Hi, could you tell me where to find a guide to tune DT40 that have a year and very little use. The ones I have are the two drivers on a single board. I sent Jian from DT electronics an e-mail asking if there was a link of some adjustment manual and he answered no. And that he would not know how to explain to me how to do it. Then he suggested I buy a new DT50 directly and discard the DT40 .... what a shitty service !!. I live on the other side of the world of china and it is impossible to send them to tune it. I work in electronics for 25 years and never a technical service gave me an answer so son of a bitch. Never again a DT Electronics product. So,i know its no easy to do the tuning, but can anyone give me a link to an adjustment guide? A couple of years ago I saw in PL a link, but I can not find it. Thanks, from South America.

Buffo in here has done a very good tuning guide. A search should turn it up. I can fully understand why Jian wouldn't know where to start in explaining to you, and you will also when you read the post
    Do you just need a diagram showing which pot is which on the board?

Perhaps you asked the wrong question, and Jian was correct in saying there is no tuning guide - not many manufacturers produce tuning instructions, but they do produce details of the pots, so that those who know can do the work.

Do you have a pic of the board? If its the same as the DT25 board then there are details around.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Here is the DT25 board if its the same as yours

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...Pu4XlRq-Cfeczg
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Thanks Norty303, the only thing I asked Jian was a link or where to get an adjustment guide like the one you pointed out to me. That's all I need. The description of the trim pots are all over the internet. What annoyed me a lot is his disinterestedness in what was his star product. And also tell me to discard it and buy a new one.
    Thanks again, I found in PL Adam's tutorial that will be enough for me

Welcome to the world of Chinese scanners
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by fabianeme View Post
    Hi, could you tell me where to find a guide to tune DT40 that have a year and very little use. The ones I have are the two drivers on a single board. I sent Jian from DT electronics an e-mail asking if there was a link of some adjustment manual and he answered no. And that he would not know how to explain to me how to do it. Then he suggested I buy a new DT50 directly and discard the DT40 .... what a shitty service !!. I live on the other side of the world of china and it is impossible to send them to tune it. I work in electronics for 25 years and never a technical service gave me an answer so son of a bitch. Never again a DT Electronics product. So,i know its no easy to do the tuning, but can anyone give me a link to an adjustment guide? A couple of years ago I saw in PL a link, but I can not find it. Thanks, from South America.
    Bill Benner used to tune scanners for free if you sent them to him. You could ask.

Well, after 4 hours i finish the tuning. 38k @8 degrees. Not so bad for my first time. Thanks everybody for your support. I guess it's impossible take it to real 40k and get perfect lines.