Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travelling Australian

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Shame you'll be in Europe (Nordic Countries) that second week in August. SELEM is August 8th through the 13th this year.

One thing you may want to change is your itinerary around August 21st. There is a solar eclipse that day, and the path of totality will cut a swath through the US from Oregon to South Carolina. That's something worth traveling to see, I would think...

If you and Zerowaitstate can somehow merge your travel schedules so the two of you can be available in late October in the south eastern portion of the US, I would be happy to organize a Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting (FLEM) for you guys... Typically we get 15-20 people to attend a FLEM, but with a few international visitors we might see an increase in attendance! (Bonus: FLEM is always free to attend.)

Adam
    Hey Adam

This is a bit of a late reply, been a bit busy packing a suitcase every second day ;-)

Yeah, a bit of bad planning on the SELEM and solar eclipse front

I really would like to get over there to do a LEM, any chance for next year you could tie it in with the New York Makerfaire (Sept 23-24) to make it worthy of a 23hr flight from Australia (hint!, hint!)

Troy
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    any chance for next year you could tie it in with the New York Makerfaire (Sept 23-24)
    If you're planning to be in the USA next year in mid-September, I'm sure we can organize a Florida Laser Enthusiast's Meeting while you are here. Just let me know when you're sure your travel plans are firm and I'll get the venue lined up.

Adam