Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to: Clone an image and Insert a Script Effect Loop

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    I see now. The phase has only to do with the frequency sweep range "shape" or "Type of animation" as it's referred to, and not the phase difference of the two Ch1 vs. Ch2 frequencies. It would be amazing to be allowed to set the phase between Ch1-SinX/CosY & Ch2-SinX/CosY,

Thanks, I love being en-lighened.
    you can use phase in an expression like this. i think this is more like what you have in mind:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 9.07.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	52338
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you can use phase in an expression like this. i think this is more like what you have in mind:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 9.07.49 PM.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	52338
    I don't get the same result as you. What are you modifying with the RotateZ loop*(etime*phase)/2 ? (corrected expression as I mistyped it earlier).
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 06-07-2017 at 07:17.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    I don't get the same result as you. What are you modifying with the RotateZ loop*(etime*phase)/2 ?
    Attachment 52340
    I don't get the same result as you with this RotZ expression, so I am missing something here. Any idea?

Oooooooooo! Double-clicking the RotateZ Expression in the Script FX Loop screen while displaying the Lissajous effect suddenly caused the graph display of the RotateZ Expression to take effect and appear like your screenshot.

Very cool result, indeed, but not what I was referring to earlier about being able set the phase difference between Lissajous Ch1 and Ch2. As it is there outputs are always "in-phase". Interesting things happen when you can adjust them to phase differences of 90, 190 and 270 degrees. I probably has some old video that shows the end result for when a phase diff. of 90 or 180 occurs, I'll try to dig up.
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 06-07-2017 at 08:12.