Thread: Abstract Editor

Default Abstract Editor

Channel 1, 2, and 3 produce a frequency of a given waveshape. The X&Y of each channel are 90 degrees out of phase. What is the easiest way to make Channel 1's X&Y 90 or 270 degrees out of phase with Channel 2? Doing so with the Freq. properties doesn't seem to have any effect.

I did this with my analog PLL lissajous console and Apple digital image cards. When using channel frequency ratios of 2:3, 3:5, 7:10, and their multiples (4:6, 6:10, etc.) for higher speeds by shifting one of the Channels 90 deg. or 180 deg. or 270 deg. brought about pedaled flowers with mixing ration of 100:100 or pointed stars at 100:50 or visa versa. Choosing to modulate the Channels simultaneously or individually resulted in harmonic shapes.

Specifically, which abstract editor are you using? (You didn't mention the software you have.)

I'm guessing it's LSX, and if so, I'll defer to someone with more experience...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Specifically, which abstract editor are you using? (You didn't mention the software you have.)

I'm guessing it's LSX, and if so, I'll defer to someone with more experience...

Adam
    My bad, should have stated the abstract editor was in the latest version of LSX Basic. I believe I found that in Beyond's Demo the LD2000's abstract generator allowed phase differencing between two XY channels being summed together.