Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inherited laser equipment

PM coming....asap
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

hey, i think that was me. sorry. i am stretched super thin right now and haven't been checking pm's.

i don't know of a way to hide threads from search engines. i'm not sure if it's even possible. you might be able to set up a select group that's not publically available, but i'm not sure if that works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by karlkar View Post
    So I thought I sent this a while ago as a private message to somebody but I don't see any sent messages in my private messages so I'm not sure if it actually went through.

I was wondering if it would be possible or appropriate to make this thread invisible to the public and only visible to members. And plan on posting a lot of stuff and being very open but I don't know if that's necessary for the whole world to see.

I've been holding off posting stuff until I got a response but I think I might have never actually sent the message. Could a moderator help me out here?

Thanks
    zak
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

sorry it was me.. composed a PM and somehow it became a post-
    if privacy is wanted ..imo we need to take this to PMs now...
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Hello everyone, I've decided to continue the posting even though my previous post said that I was worried about posting here publicly. The reason was I was afraid some random Google searchers might try to rob me but I think that small risk. The benefits of sharing with and learning from you guys out where those risk.

Today I am posting a Coherent GEM-30.

Based on the connector I think I know which power supply goes to it—a constant current/constant voltage supply that goes up to 70 Amperes.

What should I know before I try to start this up, and is there a market for this kind of Laser?

Feet have been added to the bottom and some electronics have been added to make this module Plug and Play (I think).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170723_222731.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	733.9 KB 
ID:	53004

Name:	IMG_20170723_222658.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	867.9 KB 
ID:	53005

Name:	IMG_20170723_222808.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	915.9 KB 
ID:	53006

Name:	IMG_20170723_222815.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	53007

Name:	IMG_20170723_222858.jpg 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	53008

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's a low power co2 laser head.

my guess is it's rf pumped and will require a control signal to activate it. probably pwm, but i can't say off the top of my head. if it's functional and meeting spec, it might be useful to me. i have been toying with the idea of building a lower power laser engraving / cutting rig. i have a large one, but a laser like this would be better for fine engraving work.

Quote Originally Posted by karlkar View Post
    Hello everyone, I've decided to continue the posting even though my previous post said that I was worried about posting here publicly. The reason was I was afraid some random Google searchers might try to rob me but I think that small risk. The benefits of sharing with and learning from you guys out where those risk.

Today I am posting a Coherent GEM-30.

Based on the connector I think I know which power supply goes to it—a constant current/constant voltage supply that goes up to 70 Amperes.

What should I know before I try to start this up, and is there a market for this kind of Laser?

Feet have been added to the bottom and some electronics have been added to make this module Plug and Play (I think).

Name:	IMG_20170723_222731.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	733.9 KB 
ID:	53004

Name:	IMG_20170723_222658.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	867.9 KB 
ID:	53005

Name:	IMG_20170723_222808.jpg 
Size:	915.9 KB 
ID:	53006

Name:	IMG_20170723_222815.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	53007

Name:	IMG_20170723_222858.jpg 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	53008
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

welcome back Zak......hak