Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Inherited laser equipment

Quote Originally Posted by karlkar View Post
    Attachment 53362
    Attachment 53363
    Attachment 53364

This looks scavenged from something else.
    KARLKAR,
    I am very sorry for your loss! I can help identify this one as i used to own one. This is a hughes laser rangefinder ruby laser. When i was just starting to buy used laser equipment and tinker with it 20years ago, this was one of the first lasers i bought. it comes out of a military tank range finder. I did not have much experience under my belt yet and never made any progress with the project. I eventually put mine back on ebay for $200. I would be interested in carrying on with this project again and maybe actually getting it to lase this time!!

That's pretty cool! I never would have guessed that!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171210_121440.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	53477

What appears to be a bunch of CO2 Optics let me know if you would like to see anything specific.

We are moving! First time home buyer and planning on being very busy with the house and move

So over the last few years, only managed to sell about 10% of the equipment since I didn't have time to ID most things.

Looking to give it all away for zero cost to you.

I will deliver/meet any enthusiast in Ohio. Feel free to sell any or all of it, but i'm worried if I donate to goodwill that it won't end up in the hands of hobbyists.

Zak

Default I'm driving to twinsburg Ohio this Wednesday actually

I'll be driving to twinsburg Ohio this Wednesday actually to pick up 2 surgical lasers. What part of Ohio did you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by karlkar View Post
    We are moving! First time home buyer and planning on being very busy with the house and move

So over the last few years, only managed to sell about 10% of the equipment since I didn't have time to ID most things.

Looking to give it all away for zero cost to you.

I will deliver/meet any enthusiast in Ohio. Feel free to sell any or all of it, but i'm worried if I donate to goodwill that it won't end up in the hands of hobbyists.

Zak
    I live in Brecksville. What you got?

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    What you got?
    Hi Marc. You might want to have a look at the pictures in the first post in this thread from back in 2018, but there's not a lot of information to be had. Due to the death of a family member, karlkar inherited a bunch of equipment back then. Unfortunately, I don't know that he was ever able to identify all of it, and now that he's moving, he just needs to get the stuff out.

Might also want to check with Steve, as I believe the two of them may have chatted on the phone at some point in the past. But yeah, other than some educated guesses based on the company names you see on the boxes, it's going to be hard to ID stuff just from the pics. Sounds like it's time for a road trip!

Worst case, grab everything and sort it all out in Steve's lab later? (Sorry Steve, not trying to throw you under the bus!)

Given the abundance of CO2 optics, etc, I'm guessing that most of this equipment will be of more use to someone in a lab environment anyway, compared to a hobbyist who is interested in laser light shows. (Kinda hard to do a show with invisible beams, right?) Since you and Steve pretty much live in the educational lab environment, you're more likely to be able to use the stuff.

Although there could be a few bits of general interest. (Maybe bring those parts to SELEM this summer.?.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Worst case, grab everything and sort it all out in Steve's lab later? L
    Sounds like best case to me😂

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Given the abundance of CO2 optics, etc, I'm guessing that most of this equipment will be of more use to someone in a lab environment anyway, compared to a hobbyist who is interested in laser light shows. (Kinda hard to do a show with invisible beams, right?) Since you and Steve pretty much live in the educational lab environment, you're more likely to be able to use the stuff.

Although there could be a few bits of general interest. (Maybe bring those parts to SELEM this summer.?.
    Correct. Definitely remember my uncle blowing holes in razor blades more often doing light shows.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

send me a PM, I'm in Mogadore and these days use lab laser stuff more then laser shows.

I can sort it with the speed of summer lightning, having done this for two decades and change.

I was just in Twinsberg, its 30 minutes or so each way given the Route 8 Deconstruction Mess.

Stuff I cannot use in Education will find good homes.

Steve `
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default i can bring a big old lexel 100 i think it is with me when i visit twinsburg.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    send me a PM, I'm in Mogadore and these days use lab laser stuff more then laser shows.

I can sort it with the speed of summer lightning, having done this for two decades and change.

I was just in Twinsberg, its 30 minutes or so each way given the Route 8 Deconstruction Mess.

Stuff I cannot use in Education will find good homes.

Steve `
    I have a big old Lexel 100 that i can bring with me when i journey to twinsburg this week if you want it Steve?
    I could sure use some yag cavity mirrors if you got em or co2 optics like some of what zak has to offer

Andy