Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TARM4 V ClubMax 3000 FB4 V RTI FEMTO 3.5

Default TARM4 V ClubMax 3000 FB4 V RTI FEMTO 3.5

Hi all,

I did have another account I use to have a couple of years back but forgot the email and password linked

Anyhow - I am looking at buying one of the above-mentioned projectors in the coming week and would like peoples' opinions one which one to buy. All three are roughly the same price however, the RTI FEMTO is second hand through Laserworld.

In fact, both the RTI and TARM products are distributed through Laserworld.

KVANT Clubmax 3000 FB4 yay or nay? 3W RGB = 3400 USD
    TARM4 yay or nay? 4W RGB = 4000 euro
    RTI Femto 3.5w RGB yay or nay? = 2500 euro

Thanks peoples for your input I greatly appreciate it.

Scott
    Last edited by ScottAus; 07-06-2017 at 03:52.

Hello!
    Want to get our EVIL KORE into the bowl too (www.evil-lasers.com). Main feature is the possible upgrade to each higher power or HD system also after years.
    BR,
    Phillip

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

From what I have read/heard/experienced, there probably isn't really some *huge* variation between them in terms of performance. My hands on experience is with the Clubmax and, that price is very attractive for a 3000 with FB4. That would get my nod.
    PM Sent...

Note that you have roughly double the red power on the Tarm 4 compared to the Clubmax.

I own the same laser source that is installed on the Clubmax 3000 (but in another projector) and the beam quality is very good, but you notice the lack of red at full power, you have to turn down blue and green a bit to have a perfect white.

I can't comment on the Evil Kore at the moment (will be soon, I have two 12 watts RGB on the road ), but they looks very promising on the paper, can't wait to receive them

Can't comment on the Femto as well, I just own an Atto 2.7W and it's ok, but wasn't really happy with the modulation. Also the beam quality is ok but not excellent.

I am slightly biased, however, here are my thoughts.

The Clubmax projectors have stood the test of time. These are solid, very stable optics, great low divergent beam.. Also, KVANT has a second to none support network..

Red, everyone loves more red, but its not a show stopper by any means. I have used cm3000's on big indoor events (18,000 plus people) alongside bigger projectors and they hold their own.

Scott, I sent you a PM -= I think your in Australia. If so, hit me up and Ill work out a nice price.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I think the Clubmax is not as good as a EVIL Kore, because in my tests the Clubmax wastes a lot of the diodes modulation capabilities,
    it only lases if you have the input signal around 30% in Software (im using dynamics),
    the Evil stuff lases at around 5%, in gives much better color range that way.
    I have no idea why the Clubmax is this bad in this region

just my 2 cents

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Farbe View Post
    I think the Clubmax is not as good as a EVIL Kore, because in my tests the Clubmax wastes a lot of the diodes modulation capabilities,
    it only lases if you have the input signal around 30% in Software (im using dynamics),
    the Evil stuff lases at around 5%, in gives much better color range that way.
    I have no idea why the Clubmax is this bad in this region

just my 2 cents
    it's probably due to how the stand by beam suppression is set in the diode drivers, but that does seem pretty high.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I for myself bought two Kores 3W.
    They are great not only in color balance and modulation, but also in safety. They are really great!

Thanks everyone for your input.

I decided to get the RTI FEMTO however, i got the FEMTO 7 rather than the FEMTO 3.5. The next choice (which was incredibly close) was going to be the Clubmax3400.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'd love to evaluate one when they're USA legal.

Quote Originally Posted by matratzki View Post
    I for myself bought two Kores 3W.
    They are great not only in color balance and modulation, but also in safety. They are really great!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.